Premed 101 Forums

Layout of the carms application

Oak

For medical school applications, we had to manually enter every one of our activities, the dates, duration, and hours per week (or total hours), and then verifier information.

I'm wondering, for CaRMS application, do we have to enter our ECs/research/etc in as much detail as the med school applications? or do we just send them a comprehensive CV?

Thanks!

I think my question was more asking about if carms requires all the details of our activities/involvements: i.e. the specific hours per week / total hours, commitment level (descriptions), verifiers, and things like that.

Thanks!

No hours or verifiers required.

Just the dates to and from and descriptions.

You also have to send a CV to most places.

For CARMS, how far back into an applicant's past should be included? i.e. compared to OMSAS where it starts from the age of 16. Also for CARMS are only the M.D. transcripts evaluated or do the programs wish to see all transcripts from other undergraduate degrees and graduate school?

For CARMS, how far back into an applicant's past should be included? i.e. compared to OMSAS where it starts from the age of 16. Also for CARMS are only the M.D. transcripts evaluated or do the programs wish to see all transcripts from other undergraduate degrees and graduate school?

There are no specific guidelines as to how far back you go. It seems to be to your personal discretion and how significant you feel your activities are.

Some programs require undergrad transcripts - they tell you on the carms website under program descriptions whether or not this is the case.

There are no specific guidelines as to how far back you go. It seems to be to your personal discretion and how significant you feel your activities are.

Some programs require undergrad transcripts - they tell you on the carms website under program descriptions whether or not this is the case.

Though medical schools tend to go by Pass/Fail grading, are grades a significant factor for Carms?

Though medical schools tend to go by Pass/Fail grading, are grades a significant factor for Carms?

From what I understand when talking to program directors - no. They use any awards you've received and your grammar/ability to argue in your personal statement as a proxy for your intelligence.

Archived