Premed 101 Forums

WHO ARE WE

Guest UofO06

Guest UofO06

Ian, I posted a similar thread a couple of days ago, and it was taken off. I ask that you please keep this one up. It allows the medical students of U of O 'O6 to start finding out who we REALLY are. I think it is important.

THANKS

Hey Guys and Gals,

I was wondering who exactly everyone is out there who will be attending meds here in the fall?

I thought it would be an awesome idea for all of us to blurb about ourselves, what we are excited about come september, what we would like to do and plan during the year.... and so on.

So Who are you?

What do you like to do?

What are you excited about for U of O Meds?

What plans do you have....

What would you like to do during the year?

AND SO ON....

So LETS ALL TAKE SOME TIME AND START THIS PARTY RIGHT.

Congratulations to all. And for those of you who are still waiting, always remember that many of us took multiple opportunities to get here. Also, getting an interview is a HUGE thing. Look back at where you went wrong, understand it, change it, and attack it fresh the next time. If you do, YOU ALL WILL SUCCEED.

Justin Tellemore

Guest Ian Wong

No probs Justin. Congrats on your acceptance. I don't remember taking that particular thread off, but I have been deleting numerous messages off the Acepted/Rejected/Waitlisted thread. This message won't be touched, and I would encourage all the incoming Ottawa folks to post here, as you'll be seeing each other for the next four years. Congratulations to you all. :)

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest tutifruiti

I hope other people will present themselves too!

So Who are you?

Ok, my name is Tin Ngo-Minh, male vietnamese. I was a student in science here at the university of Ottawa. I was accepted to the francophone programme. I spent 18 years of my existence in a suburb of Montreal attending for 7 years (way to long) the same school in Montreal (Secondary school and CEGEP-IB). And now living in the suburb of Ottawa... Maybe is it my fate to live in suburbs! Just turned 21, 1,75cm... hehe

What do you like to do?

Study Medicine? probably family med... I am very interested in international development, so I will probably integrate the ottawa meds initiative.

A new programme, meet new and amazing people, study what I have been waiting to study for years...

short term: not many: work and a week of vacation to the beach. Long term: too many, including traveling, int'l coop programmes...

Havent thought much and but when the time will come, we'll have fun! (o.

Tin

tuti_fruiti_inc@hotmail.com

off subject question: does anybody of you OU06 know how to program in PHP and to handle MySQL!

Hey all,

I'm a fourth year honours physiology grad from UWO. I'll be in the english speaking class for UO'06 Meds in the fall.

I really can't wait to start.... I have been dreaming of these days for my entire life!!!!

I am looking forward to the balanced and student-centered curriculum at U of O. I also am looking forward to this Ottawa Orientation Week that so many people are talking about. Being able to spend countless hours with my future co-workers is gonna be money $$

I'm from Toronto, and I will be moving into the Riverside apartments with another U of O Class of 2006 medical student (whose name I will not divulge). He is a really great guy and I think that our class is gonna rock.

I also am excited for Med Games, where all the Ontario Universities get to compete in athletic and social events. How much fun is that gonna be :D

The e-curriculum sounds pretty neat too, although my computer skills are non-existent (but then again, medical school is all about learning new things right!!!!).

Can U tell I am excited.

V

Guest tutifruiti

This tread should be "in fire!" I am very excited to know you all! I hope that confirmed Med06 students will present themselves... as well as Justin Tellemore (OofU06) the initiator of this tread! (o.

Tin

Guest TerEMeds04

Congratulations to all of you, for those of you coming to Ottawa for the first time, you are going to have a blast, it truly is an amazing city to live in, and the medical school is fantastic, with lots of extra time for electives, sight seeing, hiking, drinking, etc!

Looking forward to seeing some of you in September!

Ter

Guest Melissa13

So Who are you?

I'm a third year nursing student at the University of Ottawa; I have one previous degree in Biology from Carleton. And I will be in the english section of meds06

What do you like to do?

In my spare time I like to hang out with my friends, we have Thursday night patio meeting at new location each week during the summer. I am doing some research work for one of the professors at the school of nursing@ UofO..and I spend lots of time with my fiance planning our huge wedding for next summer.

It's med school...does that even need further clarification??? The best part is not having to find a new vet for my cat...seriously vets are hard to find.

Career-wise? I have the attn span of a small child so any specialty that doesn't have variety is out, I'm thinking EM or FM because of the variety during one's day.

Socially? AS above big, huge wedding to plan

Finally enjoy my current student situation. Meet new people. Not stress over marks because P is for pass.

Guest stargirl

hey melissa,

what did you think of nursing at u of o...really love ottawa and don't particularly want to leave...thinking of applying to nursing and meds next year if i don't get off the u of t waitlist this year (badwaitlisted at ottawa)...do you think it improved your chances at meds because you have already experienced some of the health care provider lifestyle?

Guest Melissa13

I think it absolutely had something to do with me getting into meds this year. Nursing is an excellent health profession to pursue but it always left me wanting for more...I applied to meds after my biology degree and was sent 13 PFO letters because of my terrible GPA so I looked around for something to do instead/in the mean time before raising that GPA. Ottawa only looks at our most recent three years if you have more than one undergraduate degree (it's the wgpa). You also don't have to wait to apply for nursing until next year, you can still aply thru OUAC, so don't wait if you think that it might be the answer for you. Ottawa nursing has a great website at uottawa.ca that can get you started if you're interested. Finally there are 2 of us from my class making the switch this year (we both were accepted in the first round to UofO from the same year's nursing class. So this seems to be a good way to go. Hope that helps, Melissa

Guest PeterHill0501

I know this is somewhat off topic...moderators, I won't be offended at all if you delete this from the thread...

Melissa13,

I have heard many stories over the last year hanging around this site...but yours and MN's stories are my favorites. I am so happy you were accepted this year and I sincerely congratulate you on your perserverence, ambition and the wonderful warm and non-defensive/objective attitude that you have consistently displayed in this forum. The medical school, your classmates and the medical community at large will greatly benefit from having someone like you.

Cheers! I hope to meet you in person next year...

Peter

hi everyone, i'll also be starting the english program in september. i'm pumped to meet everyone, and ottawa seems like a really nice city, even though i've only been there twice for a total of 4 days!

some of us out of towners have a housing list/roommate search going around, so if anyone is interested in being added to it, email me at nsukhai@scimail.uwaterloo.ca.

congratulations to everyone...can't wait to meet you all in september.

Guest James Wong

Hey!

Sorry for the delay everyone...I haven't really had much time to post in the past few days. I've been running around between Ottawa and Trois Rivières and I didn't have access to a computer. Anyhow....

My REAL name is....James Wong. I was a 3rd year biochem student at the University of Ottawa.

I enjoy spending time with my friends, especially my girlfriend who I intend to see plenty of while in med school since she'll be doing her honours across the hall. I am ALWAYS up for a ski weekend up at Mont Tremblant where I am a season pass holder (this is an invitation to all of you skiers/snowborders out there to let me know if you're going up....need a ride? Just ask). I try to spend my summer/fall weekends skydiving. I jump about 10 minutes out of downtown Ottawa (in Gatineau, Quebec). I normally take a few whuffo's (non-skydivers) with me for the show or for their first jump so again, if you're interested, let me know.

I am excited about every aspect of the UOMed program, in particular the wonderful and exciting people it welcomes. I've had the opportunity to meet much of the OU05 med class and they're all wonderful people. In fact, all my friends in OU02-OU06 are all fantastic, and will make great doctors some day. I also like how I will get rides to class every morning since my mom works up on the 3rd floor.

My plans for Meds, for first year anyway, are to make acquaintances and enjoy a fairly non-stressful year.

During the year, I'd like to figure out where I'll be in 5 years.

That's all for now....(I've got to get my second TB test...the 2 step Mantoux test that we all need to get before being admitted in September).

Ciao

James

Guest tutifruiti

I don't think there is a Justin Tellemore. It's probably another cloaked anonymous poster willing to play with words. His pseudonym stands for: (people who) "Just (got) in, tell me more" (about you) which, you will agree, sounds like Justin Tellemore!

hehe, that's the key! The only way to prove that I am wrong would be to hear about Justin

Tin (o.

Archived