Premed 101 Forums

interviews start TODAY!

Guest aa

That's what everybody keeps on telling me...

My friend was asked what he thought the interviewers were thinking at that moment....scary.

I've got mine tomorrow and I can barely stand it!!

good luck

Guest TimmyMax

Hey aa,

Best of luck with your interview, dude! Hopefully they'll take it easy on you- no hard questions! I'll soon be in your shoes, well, a month from now, but you know what I mean! Let us know how it goes!

All the best!

Timmy

I found the interview very very tough.... i spoke to some med students and some told me it would be easy and some said that they had very difficult interviews but still got in. My interviewers were very aggressive.....

it was hard and they were on me the whole time... trying to get me to change my mind...raising their eyebrows whenever I spoke type thing. It was not the most pleasurable experience but I think I managed o.k.

all i have to say is beware because i really had to bite my tongue at times...they almost got to me!!

good luck

Guest From Ottawa

I also had my interview today. It was like they did not care much about my answers. One guy did not look at me the entire time!!! The other was super nice. I wonder if the guy that seemed nice was the one that did not like me. The student asked me 3 questions. They asked me how many languages I spoke, I said four and they said is that all. I feel with you aa, I don't know how the entire thing turned out, I'm hoping from the best. By the way to all of you interviewing later on make sure you actually hear the question before you answer (I wish I had for one of them)

The experience was definitely not very positive... i was asked a question dealing with ethics that lasted a long time. They continued to change the situation after every response I gave....well..what if this, what if that... it actually lasted a very long time. They seemed to never be satisfied, all I can say is just don't change your answers because they really actively try to make you do this. Mine were borderline abrasive and rude in their attempts. No lies!! I actually hated it but maintained my composure. It was very anticlimactic but I was so relieved once it was done. I hope they aren't so aggressive with the rest of you!

I hope Ottawa does some sort of standardizing to account for "tougher" interviewers that like to give stress interviews... some of the students I talked to said they had very relaxed interviews, which doesn't seem all that fair to people like you. Best of luck.

Stop it you guys you are scaring me :( . I have my interview on friday and im FREAKIN OUT. Not because im unprepared, just I heard Ottawa is the HARDEST. FREAKIN OUT.............

Guest TimmyMax

Hey aa,

Keep your chin up there, bud, you probably did a lot better than you think, although I must admit I'm not exactly looking forward to my turn in the "hot seat". But I guess it's just another obstacle in the long hard road! At least you're finished- sucks to be people like myself waiting to interview with visions of evil, rabid, life-sucking, out-to-sink-you interviewees dancing through our heads.

But then again, as the Rock said, "Just bring it."

I'm sure you did fine there, aa! Thanks a lot for the heads-up. Seriously.

Best of luck!

Tim

Archived