Premed 101 Forums

just to reassure people

Guest tutifruiti

Guest tutifruiti

mine was very friendly i believe and amazingly I wasn't stresse at all: my hands were still warm at the end of the interview... and i didn't shake whenever i wanted to hold the cup of water! One was obviously confrontional at a moment but it's not that bad. They know you're human so just keep smiling.

good luck!

stats were given prior to the school tour on the interview day. Most student who are accepted come from ontario. I would say 10 students come from OPP.

Guest PeterHill0501

Thanks tutifruiti. Your experience seems to be much more in line with other accounts of interviews at University of Ottawa I've read about. Do you have any idea of how many interviewees are from OOP versus in province? Also, did you get confirmation with respect to the number of English versus French spots? My interview is on March 19th...I'm really looking forward to it. I would appreciate any advice you might have.

Thanks again for the good news...it's nice to hear something positive.

Peter

I just had my interview and I asked that question. They told me 40 spots were for francophone students and the rest go to whoever... however, they told me that francophone students could still be admitted and placed in english pbl groups..... this is what my interviewers said to me.

Guest tutifruiti

I believe there are not that many francophone applicant, but that doesn't mean the admitted one won't be excellent doctors, indeed last year be applicants came from the francophone pool with 4.00 GPA!

stats: around 70 french applicants for 40 spots cutoff: 3.6

and 430 english applicant for the rest of the spots (500 - 70 = 430), cutoff: ???

by the way, if you read this James, congratulation for your award!

tuttifruti,

i don't follow your last message... I'm not trying to disrespect the francophone applicants, after all i am a francophone competing for one of those 40 spots. My interview was entirely in French. Just curious to what you meant about the 4.00 GPA?!?!

later

I understood that :)

Of course there is no doubt that a francophone can have just a high of a GPA as an anglophone... Being admitted to the french programme doesn't mean you have a lower average. There are after all many Quebecois applicants as well as Franco-ontarians like myself.

later

Guest PeterHill0501

aa,

It seems to me that you and tutifruiti are on the same side...that is, I believe she said that franco-Ontarian and Quebecois applicants are top notch, quoting that last year several came with perfect or near perfect weighted grade point averages. I may be speaking out of turn for tutifruiti, and I apologize if I have interpreted this thread of conversations incorrectly.

Archived