Premed 101 Forums

Interview invites!!

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now why would you take away the fun in less than 2 minutes?!? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I couldn't get it either. I'll post one too:

A man and his son were in a car crash. The father died, but the son was critically injured and rushed to hospital. When he reached the operating table, the surgeon on duty looked at him and said "Oh god, it's my son!!!" How can this be?

A man and his son were in a car crash. The father died, but the son was critically injured and rushed to hospital. When he reached the operating table, the surgeon on duty looked at him and said "Oh god, it's my son!!!" How can this be?

I like this one! .... should I wait a few more minutes before answering?

The surgeon is the boy's mother...

- Lupe :cool:

Click and look in your address bar to see the answer. :P That's an interesting one... reveals stereotypes eh? (Hint, hint...)

EDIT: Oops, Lupe beat me to it while I was hiding the answer. :)

I've become a regular poster with this new evaluation criteria - there's a lot of unknowns with this new application cycle, it's nice to have this forum, even just for moral support.

Anyways, I haven't heard yet - I'm IP (3rd time)

2009/2010:

TRF = 35.63

AQ = 23.20

NAQ = 12.43

cGPA = 82.80%

last 60 credits = 86.65%

Pre-req = 76.63%

Based on what I've seen on this forum so far it will be fairly close...

Hey guys... I got a regrets letter. This is very hard on me... I was really hoping that my gpa wouldn't be worthless but it was to admissions. I do not want to post my AQ. Honestly I do not know how to raise this score and feel like the last 4 years were a horrible waste of time... I'm very heart broken because I tried my best. But I will talk a bit about my NAQ. It was pretty decent :)

NAQ was 16. You can pm me or just ask if u want to know more about how I got this score. It was basically some research, volunteering, and artsy activities. I really wanted to be a part of next years medical class. Please, to everyone who is accepted and interviewed, do your best. Being a physician is one of the best professions. Never forget how much potential you have to do amazing work :) I will work hard to join you all some day.

Hey smalltowngirl,

Your post really affected me and I wanted to say that you have an amazing attitude towards your results. I personally think that with every rejection comes greater appreciation once you finally get accepted. I was looking for the "like" button and forgot it's exclusive to Facebook :P

Oh my gosh, just by reading all these posts, I feel sympathy for EVERYONE in this forum, whether you got accepted or rejected.

As a current premedical student, it's always interesting to see what UBC really wants from you.

For those who have received regrets, It is NEVER the end of the world! If you really love the world of medicine and doctors, you will apply again!

My advice would be to thoroughly dissect the technicalities of your NAQ, as this was quite the challenge this year, and work hard at it!

Never give up!

this year's AQ scores got changed...dono how they are doing it.

In Province

09/10

AQ:20/25

NAQ:16.7

MCAT 34S

Received an interview

10/11 (This year)

AQ:8.3

NAQ:16.8

so ya.....don't really know what's going on. Overall was 80, prereqs 83 and last 60 was 80.

We were probably ranked as a percentile against each other and I just happened to a few percentages below everyone.... oop buddy got a 17.7 AQ with an 85%

fml

Hey everyone, I've read the forum for a while now but this is my first post.

Thought I'd let everyone know, one of my verifiers told me that UBC contacted him by email yesterday. And I'm still waiting for that regret/invite...

That's weird- seems extremely last minute, since they were apparently busy with partial file review regrets yesterday. So much speculation :( Getting rejected tomorrow would really suck (it would any day but especially when it's looking like we're so close to an interview...)

Also IP here. I don't believe any of my verifiers were contacted but I barely added anything for the extracurriculars section because it was my first med application and I didn't know we could use family members and friends for verifiers...

Anyway my stats:

Overall: 89.2%

Last 60: 90.5%

Prerequisites: 87.2%

Everyday becomes a very nerve-wracking experience. I'm hoping for at least 20 on AQ and pity points on NAQ; salvage anything I can get.

Since we're doing our full stats.. I just went back onto SSC to calculate mine:

Pre-Req = 77.6

Overall = 80.4

Last 60 = 85.5

Seems a little pathetic compared to so many who were already rejected

Archived