Premed 101 Forums

I'm getting nervous already, interview chances?

Hey guys,

I am OOP (BC) and have a 3.79/4.00 gpa. I did a psychology degree first and then a general biology degree. I have an 11 in my VR and I was wondering if I have any chance of getting an interview because if I am already thinking about it it is only going to get worse over the next couple months!

Thanks.

Hey guys,

I am OOP (BC) and have a 3.79/4.00 gpa. I did a psychology degree first and then a general biology degree. I have an 11 in my VR and I was wondering if I have any chance of getting an interview because if I am already thinking about it it is only going to get worse over the next couple months!

Thanks.

I think your GPA and VR fit the profile of the average accepted applicant (which is good!!).

However... that's only worth 30% of your chance of interview invitation. The other 70% comes from CASPer. Do you feel confident about CASPer? I think that's a much better estimation of your interview chances.

I think your GPA and VR fit the profile of the average accepted applicant (which is good!!).

However... that's only worth 30% of your chance of interview invitation. The other 70% comes from CASPer. Do you feel confident about CASPer? I think that's a much better estimation of your interview chances.

Actually, repede, I think you are quoting the post interview breakdown. Although only slightly different, the selection to interview is based on 25% GPA, 25% VR, and 46% CASPer, with up to 4% for a grad degree.

Hey guys,

Thanks.

I think you have a shot, but it will be very difficult, and obviously depend on how CASPer went, as for many of us. In addition, only 10% of the interview invites are reserved for OOP, so you are competing for roughly 50 spots to interview!!!

Archived