Premed 101 Forums

Kaplan Material

JP2118

I am a recent Kaplan student - it was my first time with them so I dont have a direct comparison but I do know from hearing others that the books were completely revamped (done through Scientific America, actually really nice) and reorganized to be more "reader friendly" - more similar to Exam Krackers with jokes and memory aid tools etc. Basically it's just less blatant stating of facts and tells more of a story. I've also heard the diagrams are better.

Any specific questions?

The content is generally the same. The only difference is in the way it's presented. The new books are more interesting (better diagrams, etc) but I like the old books better (since they just contain the facts that you need to know).

That would actually seem better, since that seems to be Kaplan's pitch, of having a directed learning approach rather than a whole shotgun-thing (which I think is Princeton's thing)?

That would actually seem better, since that seems to be Kaplan's pitch, of having a directed learning approach rather than a whole shotgun-thing (which I think is Princeton's thing)?
Well, the old books were black and white and very "blah" looking. I think they've re-vamped them to compete with Examkrackers and the like.

Archived