Premed 101 Forums

waiting list

Guest tutifruiti

Guest tutifruiti

Sorry I was soo excited that I did not think of asking questions! However she said (Nina, not Nicole) that they have started mailing stuff to 2nd rounders this morning... probably because the 15th in the last day for 1st rounders to give a decision.

I am very happy! thank you Peter for your greatings! (o.

Guest PeterHill0501

tutifruiti...

So, if I understand the process here...they phoned you to extend you an offer...or did they want a response right then and there? Could you describe how the phone call went? Also, do they also send you material via snail mail? I thought the "good waitlisters" received material with their waitlist letter? How long do you have to respond? Any info you can provide would be great.

I assume you will be accepting Ottawa's offer? Congratulations once again! I've met a few of your classmates...you're going to have a wonderful year...keep your eye out for James and Mary...they seem like wonderful people...

Peter

Guest PeterHill0501

Yes tutifruiti...they "AMs" nice people...James, I had a great time with you, Krista and your friend...I hope they also had a great time...it was good to see you again. I'm sure it was also nice for you to see JJ Radar again after 4 years...we'll have to do it again sometime soon with Mary.

Peter

Guest tutifruiti

Hello James and Peter!

Thank you for your greetings, I am also very happy! Peter, I wish you could also feel the same feeling soon. I hate to hide my real name here, but I will later (I don't want people who call the UO admission office to refer my name or my case... anyways).

Waitlisters on the neutral/good list also receive a thin one-page letter. As for the call: it was very short, they just said "on a rejoint votre nom sur notre liste d'attente" which mean that have reached my name from the waiting list and they had sent the package that morning (Friday). That's it! On request (hehe) I can send more detailed information whenever I receive the package!

Have a good weekend pals. By the way I am not AM!!! you guys are funny! I know you James for obvious reasons, but you probably don't know me. I'll send you an email James.

looking for a cheap palm OS compatible hand computer around 200-300$ 8 megs or more, new or second hand, I don't mind if it's monochrome... Peter do you have an old one you would like to sell ( for less than 100 bucks)?

Guest PeterHill0501

tutifruiti...you're funnier than I am...less than $100 bucks? Ha ha...

You can find a great Clie in the 300 dollar range...much better than palm in my personal opinion. Go to the Rideau centre and either check out the sony store or there's also a computer/electronics store right around the corner which actually has a better selection of sony stuff than sony!

Peter

Guest tutifruiti

Thanks Peter for your expertise, I don't know much about PDAs. I think the sony Clie at 299$ (online price, hope to see a cheaper price on the market) would be a wise choice. For people who are interested:

www.sonystyle.ca/webapp/c...fnbr=15521

monochrome though... just to use epocrate and 5MCC that PDA would be more than enough!

So that would be the one I would buy for my brother! So I am still looking for an old PDA for me... less than 100$... if anybody wants to get rid of an old Palm 3xe, I am ready to deal with ya! (o.

Guest lexus

hey tutifruti,

Congratulations!

I am still waiting anxiously by the phone.

Are you in the french program?

thank you..

p.s. by the way this is a great website

Guest James Wong

Peter,

We all had a great time. I must say that you are bar none, a classy host! It was a top quality evening!

Thanks Peter

James

Guest PeterHill0501

James,

I'm glad you guys had a great time...I did as well. My wife apologizes again for being to tired to participate with us...

...we had a terrible weekend...I had to totally reformat my computer...which meant reinstalling all system software...all purchased software...including clie...as a friend sent us a nasty virus...it's all taken care of...

...then this morning I woke up...walked down 2 stairs...stepped in a huge pile of barf...willie was sick...if that wasn't enough...I came downstairs...he pooed everywhere on the main floor...if that weren't enough...it was not solid! Thank God for hardwood floors! Unfortunately, willie has a propensity for getting the "beaver fever" (i.e., jardia...I think that's the name...but I prefer calling it 'beaver fever'...it makes me laugh)...anyway, he's now on metronidazone...I had to tell him he's not allowed to drink while he's on it or he'll get violently ill... :)

Anyway, you can see we've had a "crappy" weekend...finally, the rest of the day is for rest!

We should definitely get together again...next time we'll have to include MN...it was really enjoyable getting to know you all better...and, you's AM nice people...

Peter

Guest UWOMED2005

"Beaver Fever" is caused by Giardia lamblia. Looks like our microbiology has come in useful somewhere!

Once again Peter, I'd like to thank you for having me over as well Friday night. It was great meeting you. Sorry to hear about the rest of the weekend though!

Guest PeterHill0501

Thanks Jeff...it was fun...we'll have to repeat next time you're in town. Have a great summer and a great year...

Peter

Guest James Wong

Hey Tuti,

Did you ever email me...I some times delete messages without reading them if I don't recognize the names...or don't like the subject title....a result of too much junk mail.

James

Guest tutifruiti

oups... I shouldn't have used such a subject for your email! (o. *joke*

No, James, I did not send you an email yet... wanted to be sure I was in before pretending anything! but now that I have receive the big brown letter, you'll receive my email as well!

Tin

Archived