Premed 101 Forums

question about good waitlist

Guest josh

hi,

does anyone know if the good waitlist letter is sent to 200-250 people, or is that the good letter is sent to people ranking up to 250. Or in other words, do people rankning 123-250 get the good letter, and people ranking 251-469 get the "bad" letter?

thanks for any help

oh yeah...did anyone with a GPA in the 3.7's get accepted to uofO?

Guest PeterHill0501

Hey josh...

my gpa was about 3.75...I had an interview..."bad" waitlisted...I believe the 124-200 or so are "good waitlisted"...I believe above 200-250 are "bad" waitlisted.

Peter

Hi Peter,

If you don't mind me asking, was 3.75 your weighted GPA? If not, was your WGPA significantly higher? Just trying to figure out if it's worth my time and money applying to Ottawa with my WGPA. Thanks.

Guest PeterHill0501

Soho,

If I remember correctly, my GPA from the university was higher...after putting it through the OMSAS calculation I believe it came out to 3.75. I'll go back to my file and check the exact figure and post within the next few days. You should probably also take into account that I have an MA and 12 years of experience...I'm not sure how many people with 3.7-something GPAs got invited for interviews...received acceptances or were put on the good waitlist. It does seem that most of the people who have posted here who received first-round offers had significantly higher GPAs...I seem to remember in the range of at 3.9...

Peter

Guest UWOMED2005

Hey Peter,

I think 3.75 was good enough for an interview if you are from the Ottawa area. . . when I was looking into applying to Ottawa, 3.65 was the figure I remember as being required for Ottawa residents. For non-Ottawa residents not from an underserviced community, the number was in 3.8 range, I believe.

Guest dontknow

If i don't get in this year to med school, and i think about applying to ottawa, what are the gpa cutoffs?

my wgpa (according to UofO) is 3.77 and i'm from U of T, and a toronto resident.

I think that is the GPA needed for an ottawa applicant. People who live in Ottawa need a lower GPA. Or at least they used to. You should ask the admissions people later this month.

Archived