Premed 101 Forums

difference between 3 UofT campus....??

Guest Lorne Park

Guest Lorne Park

Hey...

Second topic of the day....

What is difference between St. george, Miss, Scar campus... (besides the location....¤Ñ¤Ñ;;)

Bye....

Guest MEDCOMPSCI

I think I can answer this about Scar and St. George, in general. I did my undergrad at Scarb. mainly since it was the only campus that was close enough for me to commute to.

Obviously, Scarb. has much less choice than St. George in terms of available courses, etc. Also, it feels much more like a highschool than a bonafide university; I knew most of the people in my classes. In terms of difficulty, most of the smartest students probably will end up going to the St. George campus, and with the lower admittance GPA, Scarb. probably has the weaker student pool. However, most of our class averages are quite low (first year Chem/Calc were both D+) and I have yet to see a science course with an average higher than a C+.

Now, in terms of perference, do not believe that people cannot get into med school from Scarb. I know of at least 4 Scarb. kids that will be attending UofT med school this year, and I am sure that there are much more that will be attending other med schools.

• 1 month later...
Guest CanadianG

So u have to go to university and get ur 4 year of Uof T dont then u go to med school?

I dont know how the system works. Could someone explain to me? Because i thought after highschool u go to med school dont u ?

Guest ThugJaan

I am having a few problems decoding your English, but let me give this (no pun inteneded) the old college try.

In Canada, one must finish at least 2 years of post-secondary (ie - university) training in order to be eligble to apply to medical school. Most schools require at lest 3 years though. These 3 years can be in any concurrent programme leading to a degree (ie - BSc, BA, BCOM, BEng) provided that the specific pre-reqs are met.

Admission to medical school is tough; most people find that they need at least 3 if not 4+ years of undergrad schooling before they are competative enough for admission.

Archived