Premed 101 Forums

"temporarily out of province"

I moved to Alberta last year in the summer to fill IP residency status for UofA and UofC. (worked out quite well actually considering the job situation in Alberta is awesome, and Calgary is a great place to live.)

Over Christmas, I had the opportunity to visit family out of province for 3.5 weeks. Not until I got back did I stop and think about that time frame "The one-year residency requirement shall not be considered broken where the admissions committee is satisfied that the applicant was temporarily out of the province on vacation, in short-term employment, or as a full-time student."

I think i'm being paranoid here, because I'm clearly an Alberta resident (rental agreement, DL, car is insured here, all my important documents are billed and mailed to my place, I work here etc) and I had plenty of good personal and business reasons to be 3.5 weeks out of province. Also, if they say "in short term employment", I would certainly think that 3.5 weeks qualifies as short term employment, so a 3.5 week vacation should be fine.

What do you think?? I'm trying to call them today but no luck so far. In the meantime I'm writing this.

Archived