Premed 101 Forums

3rd round interviews....

Guest E

Has anyone been invited for an interview in the 3rd round? I still have not heard a thing, but I am guessing that if invited for an interview in this round, applicants will have to go to U of T somewhere in May for interviews. Is this true? Most other schools have sent out acceptances by that time!

For those of you who have already had interviews, do you have any words of advice? If so, please share.

Thanks!

E

Guest Kirsteen Can MBA

Hello E,

As far as I have heard, the third round invitations should be arriving within the next couple of weeks.

The UT May interviews are traditionally held during the first weekend of May, but bear in mind that an additional May weekend was required last year, to accommodate additional interviews.

Good luck,

Kirsteen

Guest medhopefull

Hello chaps!

I had my interview at U of T in may; amazingly, everyone who were there or atleast everyone I spoke to felt that their interview went well according to them. I had a non-confrontational interview and was quiete pleasant. The questions were not difficult at all and a couple of straightforward ethical questions were asked. I was about 45 minutes. The med students present were very hospitable and welcoming.

So have fun!

The entire university kind of looks like a gothic dungeon! its beautiful in a scary way.

good luck.

chapster

Guest ECruise

A few weeks ago, I contacted the admissions office and they said that they would send out notices either the last week of march or the first week of april, depending on how quickly they were working. Has anyone contacted the office recently to check whether know when the letters will be out?

E

• 2 weeks later...

I phoned the admissions office today. They informed that my letter was being mailed this afternoon and that I had been invited for an interview. If you haven't heard, don't stress, letters are still being mailed.

Congratulations.

I am still waiting, although not very patiently. I was just wondering, for those of you who have received interviews, what year are you guys in? What kind of research experience do you have? In addition, how do they convert your GPA?

If anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks!

Guest Kirsteen Can MBA

Well done, Kate--I'm sure that was an adrenaline-filled call for you,

I just called the UT Admissions Office too, to find out the scoop. Contrary to other rumblings, the person at the other end stated that interview invitations should be mailed out continuously until April's end for the May 5/6 interview dates.

When asked if, similar to last year, another interview weekend in May would be added, she responded that at this point, she didn't think so.

Good luck all,

Kirsteen

Guest MEDCOMPSCI

Acutally a lot of people are still waiting. I got my Invite about 5 days ago, but a lot of my friends, with comparabale stats, are still playing the waiting game.

Guest MEDCOMPSCI

Sure, I am a thrid-year biochem/compsci double major student at the UFT. I had a 3.85 GPA with a 10v/12p/12b MCAT. In terms of other activities, I did not have a lot of research experience (1 NSERC), about two years worth of hostpital voulenteering, and a some community work and other usual work. I did have a lot of self-directed projects on my sketch, but I doubt that UFT would care about those as much as MAC. In short, I really was average in terms of a sketch, nothing execpetional.

UFT seems to be entirely marks based and MCAT cutoffs, even though my marks were not great, I guess they slipped under the cut-offs.

I finally received an interview invitation yesterday. I know that someone is going to ask me for them, so here are my stats: OMSAS GPA = 3.83, MCAT = 10V, 11P, 12B. I have a fair amount of volunteer work and research experience, but I don't think that you really need very much of this for U of T.

Good luck!

E

Does anyone know what the scoop really is on UofT and the extracurriculars? I have an interview in May and am a little concerned over my lack of experience. My GPA and MCAT are quite good, but I haven't done much in the way of research. Does anyone have any information?

Thanks a lot. :)

Guest melissa

i still haven't heard anything...i thought that i would for sure have heard something(positive or negative) by now. if the last interview date is may 5 and 6, it seems a little odd that they'd give less than a month's notice. at this point, i'm assuming that my application has either been lost or i merely imagined sending it in! i graduated last year and am an oop student. although i am rapidly losing faith, i did hear that a friend of a friend received an invite late last week.

dont worry guys...if you didnt get it this year...then there is always next year.....if you did not get it yet, the chance is very very slim..but I guess hang on to the little slim hope

Guest Kirsteen Can MBA

Hi all,

There is still hope. Last year, a friend of mine (now nearning the end of her first year of UT meds) did not receive her interview invitation until 4 or 5 days prior to the interview date.

Good luck,

Kirsteen

Guest kjfdij

Hi,

I live in the Toronto area and I just got my invite last week. I would not worry....I had called admissions and they said that they're still reviewing applications. I know someone who got an invititation letter yesterday.

Keep your fingers crossed and good luck.

Guest Kirsteen Can MBA

kjfdij,

May I ask, are you a graduate, or undergraduate applicant? Would you mind divulging some other details of your background?

The reason I ask, it seems that the flurry of UT invitation activity a couple of weeks ago concentrated on undergraduate applicants, whereas now, it seems that it's graduate applicants who are hearing, one way or another.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest kjfdij

I am an undergrad applicant. I think that they're still going through all the applications, not just the graduates.

Good luck with everything. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Archived