Premed 101 Forums

Application deadline vs. Medoas deadline?

zmikid

It says on the site that both our applications and our medoas submissions are due January 15. Also, it says:

"The web-based application systemcycles nightly at 9 PM (EST) for system processing, including the generation of a McGill identification number and Minerva account. Accordingly, for applications to be considered as received on a specific date, they must be submitted before that time."

I submitted my application before 9PM, and my Minerva ID was generated (although it was my same ID since I'm a McGill student).

For some reason, the submit & seal button isn't present, and I'm worried it won't before midnight. Any thoughts?

It is a little strange for them to have chosen to have the system cycle at 9pm and not midnight. Also, the fact that it can take days to link the Minerva and MedOAS data suggests that the system is pretty archaic.

They were pretty explicit in warning everyone to fill out the WebApp well in advance though...

If you're lucky they'll still receive your stuff if it's all been entered, even if you didn't seal and submit.

so they're assuming everyone's going to follow them on twitter? it explicitly says the deadlines for both are on the 15th. They do mention that the webapp must be submitted by 9pm, which I did. Nothing on the website mentions any delay in linking the two systems.

Let's try to do something constructive. Everybody has spent so much energy on this, and it is ABSOLUTELY wrong to just discard any hard-work application by this reason -- this is NOT your fault; it is their system went wrong BEFORE the deadline.

E-mail the admission office. Quote this: "Error code: Invalid exists/not exists condition: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor."

Good luck!

To be fair to McGill, the most recent entry in the Announcements section of the main Med Admissions page says that important updates have been posted on Twitter. It's not like they didn't warn us...

I find Twitter to be a very useful way to check up on quick updates like the ones they've been posting.

Whatever that is, I appreciate/am impressed the admission officer actually monitor the process during the weekend, at 23:30 time (you see the Twitter post time).

Though I find Twitter way usuful, I do agree that important/official information should be posted on the school official site.

It seems that now the office has to work very hard to screen all these thousands applications, in fourteen days. All applicants worked hard for their applications, including their referees; their applications deserved to be processed seriously and respectfully.

Good luck everyone!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived