Premed 101 Forums

Waiting...

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember reading somewhere on the Dal site the number of people over the past few years who have gotten in off the waitlist. Does anyone remember what the site was? I just can't find it anymore.

i think they just update it on the admissions site as the summer goes on until the classes start - i remember seeing it too

Does the acceptance/rejection/wait list come in the mail or e-mail for us OOPs? I'm confused because in that thread it seems it's by mail but than in the accepted/rejected/wait list thread there are people who posted right on March 15th (which I'm assuming means e-mail)..

It comes in the mail, but you can check your Dalonline application summary and see if under "Decision:" it has changed from "Written notification to follow". If you didn't get in or if you are on the wait list it will still say "Written notification to follow" though.

Edit: oh thanks Proton! I didn't know that it was just a glitch, I wonder if that is fixed or if it will be different this year.

Greetings, I have been following this thread, and can assure you all that I am experiencing the same symptoms: dreams, nervous anticipation, emotional highs and lows, etc...

It has kept me quite sane to know that these feelings are normal!

To my question: I am wondering if there is any info on IP waitlists? I am a NS IP applicant, and am looking for some past data on wait list moves, # of NS applicants, etc...

Any info is greatly appreciated. Good luck to everyone!

Dal is the only school I applied to (I missed the due date for OMSAS, biggest blunder of my life...all I had to do was pay, all apps were already completed).

I found this in the OOP waitlist thread from last year:

On Dal Admission web site:

Waitlist information is as follows as of June 11, 2010:

NS - 9 offers made

NB - 8 offers made

Non Maritime - 23 offers made

Maybe the waitlist moved even more for IP after June 11, I don't have that info handy though! I'm also not sure how many were on the waitlist in total.

Question for all of you (or one of you, whoever replies): I have been accessing Dalonline using a loginID that is just a username I created. I have no idea what the password is anymore but it is saved in my chrome passwords (and is filled in automatically). In any case, should I reply to the e-mail we just got to set up a B-number username and password or just stick with what I have? I don't want something to happen that fateful day of March 7th and be locked out of my account for whatever reason!

You're logging into the wrong spot. You have to log into the place where we gave our supplementary app....

https://www.med.dal.ca/medix_public/admissions/application/

Your information to log in (Banner ID) will be in an email we got called "Dalhousie Application Step 1 Processed"

Also, if you want to find out what your password is for Dal Online, you can just check your chrome settings. From what I remember it had to be a 6 digit PIN.

Question for all of you (or one of you, whoever replies): I have been accessing Dalonline using a loginID that is just a username I created. I have no idea what the password is anymore but it is saved in my chrome passwords (and is filled in automatically). In any case, should I reply to the e-mail we just got to set up a B-number username and password or just stick with what I have? I don't want something to happen that fateful day of March 7th and be locked out of my account for whatever reason!

I think they want you to log onto Medix not Dalonline... I found the link in an old email:

https://www.med.dal.ca/medix_public/admissions/application/

You need your banner number and email address to log on.

Also Maefleur, with google chrome you should be able to view your saved passwords under privacy settings somewhere. In firefox it is tools>options>security>saved pass; and I'm sure chrome has a similar info page.

Just got an e-mail from Carolyn Pelham about the distribution of decision letters ... it just sunk in how close March 7th is.

edit* and wow we all posted fast!

Raise your hand if you had a mini heart-attack when that came through.

I'm going to have to stay off the internet on March 7th - I have to work that day and I know if I even check pm101 I will be tempted to check my status too.

No matter the result I'd rather cry/faint/puke in the privacy of my own home

Archived