Premed 101 Forums

Waiting...

Really? But where I was going it said "Written notification to follow"! The site you sent me to doesn't have that, it just has my application.

It seems on March 7 they're going to update it with a scan of your decision letter.

"This years applicants will be able to log

on to our Medix intra net component to access decision letters. The Medix system was used

to complete your Step 2 (supplemental and essay) portion of your application to the

Faculty of Medicine."

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really? But where I was going it said "Written notification to follow"! The site you sent me to doesn't have that, it just has my application.

They will probably update the Medix site this year on March 7th as opposed to using the other site, considering they had so many problems with it last year.

Just got an e-mail from Carolyn Pelham about the distribution of decision letters ... it just sunk in how close March 7th is.

edit* and wow we all posted fast!

Hm. My inbox remains empty. Perhaps this is a trend Dal is trying to familiarize me with? What was the basic msg of the e-mail?

My heart stopped when I saw how many viewers were in here...sigh.

Hm. My inbox remains empty. Perhaps this is a trend Dal is trying to familiarize me with? What was the basic msg of the e-mail?

My heart stopped when I saw how many viewers were in here...sigh.

Good afternoon,

We are approaching the end of our Admisisons Committee review and preparing to distribute

decision letters tentatively on March 7th, 2011. This years applicants will be able to log

on to our Medix intra net component to access decision letters. The Medix system was used

to complete your Step 2 (supplemental and essay) portion of your application to the

Faculty of Medicine.

The purpose of sending this email to all interviewed applicants is to:

1. Verify that this is a working email address and the email address used currently in our

applicant management system to communicate with you.

2. Provide you with the requirements to access the Medix component to view your decision

letter. As with the completion of Step 2, you will need your Banner ID Number (starts with

B00) received in an email from our IT department which would have been received when you

submitted step 1. You will also be required to enter your active email address.

If you do not remember your Banner ID Number or your active email address has changed, you

can email our office(medicine.admissions@dal.ca) and we will send you a follow up email

with the required information, during working hours M-F; 8:30-4:00. We are unable to

provide this information to applicants over the telephone this information will only be

provided to you via email.

Thank you for your cooperation with this matter.

Admissions Office, Faculty of Medicine

The key is to wake up extremely late in the day.

Haha. I wish. :rolleyes:

I'm up at 5:30am every morning helping my mom get my three brothers out the door for school by 7:00am. Yay for living out of town!!!

I think that I'll be pacing back and forth that morning. I am planning to go for a jog by the river down my street to waste time...maybe I can convince my mom to come with me :P

Haha. I wish. :rolleyes:

I'm up at 5:30am every morning helping my mom get my three brothers out the door for school by 7:00am. Yay for living out of town!!!

I think that I'll be pacing back and forth that morning. I am planning to go for a jog by the river down my street to waste time...maybe I can convince my mom to come with me :P

I may have interviewed at 4am BC time, but now I reap the benefit of sleeping through the fist few hours of nervous checking. And be a country apart I am very grateful they are posting it up online and not making me wait a few extra days.

I was just thinking, they wanted to ensure our email was correct, do you think that means we are getting a "your status is updated" email then? That might be nice?

I hope they send us another email tomorrow, telling us letters have been uploaded!!

edit: Oh, and to satisfy your boredom chrail, 2:14:55 and 12:41:53

The timestamp on the email is 2:14 and 12:41 when I check on my phone, but it says 2:15 and 12:44 when I check on my laptop...:confused:

I am going to go with the first set of numbers. ;)

Archived