Premed 101 Forums

Waiting...

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with HBP, 3 and 3. I really hope a lot of people off this forum get a spot. There has to be some sort of weight to heart and I hope those special nine spots are kept for someone who really really wants it.

Not that other people don't want it too, I'm sure they are equally but less publicly as neurotic as we are ;)

I'm with HBP, 3 and 3. I really hope a lot of people off this forum get a spot. There has to be some sort of weight to heart and I hope those special nine spots are kept for someone who really really wants it.

Not that other people don't want it too, I'm sure they are equally but less publicly as neurotic as we are ;)

I agree. I think heart certainly has an impact on the overall process :D

I hope all of you passionate OOP'ers make it. You guys keep this thread alive and make things interesting... I love seeing new posts.

That said, I'd like to give a shout out to MaeFleur and mmel, my IP buddies :D

That said' date=' I'd like to give a shout out to MaeFleur and mmel, my IP buddies :D[/quote']

Ooo! I love shout outs! I was doing okay with convincing myself not to worry about next Monday, since there is nothing I can do about it now, but this week I am so very distracted by it! I am having a hard time getting work done and not creeping this forum when I am at home and on my laptop :mad:

There is certainly an amazing community of posters on the Dal boards :).

It's been a long time coming since Nov 20/21 but we are almost there guys! At most a few more week days and a weekend now. Kind of surreal to reflect how things have changed since 3+ months ago.

And I agree: would be awesome if us pm101'ers can nab the majority of those OOP seats come March 7th. Cheers to that as well as the IP crew on here!

This Dal forum continually reminds me that there are too many qualified applicants in Canada for too few seats.

I have a meeting Monday morning so I'll be checking at noon BY MYSELF.

**Forever Alone**

don't worry.. I refuse to check until the end of Monday since I have so many things to do.. so I'll be checking alone as well ha. Unless you count my boyfriend jose cuervo, who is going to be helping me build up the courage to sign in by the end of the night..

Hello all,

My best friend has gone through a series of tough tests (wrote the Quebec and Ontario bars in order to practice law) in the past few years. He offered me some amazing advice in regards to receiving important career news (i.e. med school apps). I think some of you may appreciate it, so here goes: the moment you receive your email from Dal with the link to your app decision, take your laptop/smartphone and go somewhere you have never been - and plan on never going back to - before you open the letter. If it's bad news, you can associate that place with the bad news, and then never go back there. If it's (hopefully) good news, you have a unique place to celebrate an important milestone in your life.

Sounds kinda corny, but my buddy is a stress freak and it has really worked for him. I'm definitely going to go somewhere different...

Good luck everyone, hope to meet y'all in Halifax come September.

Hello all,

My best friend has gone through a series of tough tests (wrote the Quebec and Ontario bars in order to practice law) in the past few years. He offered me some amazing advice in regards to receiving important career news (i.e. med school apps). I think some of you may appreciate it, so here goes: the moment you receive your email from Dal with the link to your app decision, take your laptop/smartphone and go somewhere you have never been - and plan on never going back to - before you open the letter. If it's bad news, you can associate that place with the bad news, and then never go back there. If it's (hopefully) good news, you have a unique place to celebrate an important milestone in your life.

Sounds kinda corny, but my buddy is a stress freak and it has really worked for him. I'm definitely going to go somewhere different...

With all due respect, I am sticking to my original plan: I'll check alone, in my dark basement, with a bottle of Jack Daniel's handy. Whether it's good or bad news, I'll down that bottle. Hahaha

Hello all,

Imbp, that's actually a really good/cool idea! I am definitly going to do that. Thanks for sharing that with us!!

Yeah, I'm just gonna open it the way I treat an email. Besides, it's clicking a link so you'll need internet anyway.

It would suck to mentally prepare yourself to check your status in this "new place", only to realize you didn't have WiFi.

Not sure where I'll be or what I'll be doing... but I'll probably be a wreck on Friday and Monday (if they aren't released Friday).

What is driving me crazy is knowing there is a sheet of paper somewhere with "The List"... maybe in a locked drawer, a recycling bin, wherever... with our results on it. Why can't I just look at this list and avoid the stress of waiting?

I wonder what time they'll come. Is it going to be there when I check my email in the morning? Are we all going to be sitting here refreshing madly all day?

Well last year it was first thing in the morning. Which I find a little odd... It means that things were obviously ready Friday last year (and presumably will be this year).

If I am on the adcom, I'd release them Friday to let people have the weekend to deal with their emotions before I have to field their phone calls.

Anyhow, I'm sure they've got a fine reason for doing it Monday. I just can't see it, haha

Hmm...I think I'd do it on the Monday because that way if people called, there'd be someone in the office (like if they didn't get an email or something). Wasn't it a few years ago that there was a problem with Western's emails and the OMSAS release date was a Friday? There was a huge hubbub because no one heard from Western, people were calling/emailing frantically at the end of Friday, it seemed pretty disastrous.

I have a stupid question. Since we're logging into the medix site, and not the Dal Online one (where it would have had that area for admission decision - that little table), where should we actually be looking?

I just logged in to medix now to make sure I could, and viewing my supp app is a lot of black and grey text. I can't see where they would upload the letters. Do you think the whole screen will just change? Or will there be a link posted?

Or, am I logging into the wrong site? :rolleyes:

I have a stupid question. Since we're logging into the medix site, and not the Dal Online one (where it would have had that area for admission decision - that little table), where should we actually be looking?

I just logged in to medix now to make sure I could, and viewing my supp app is a lot of black and grey text. I can't see where they would upload the letters. Do you think the whole screen will just change? Or will there be a link posted?

Hey, she sent an updated email telling us that they will have a new medix link with the decision letters. So we'll get emailed when decisions come out.

I may be wrong, but I got an impression from the email a few days ago that they will be sending us a link to the website where the decision letters will be uploaded. Perhaps they will send it to us this week (probably Friday) then upload the letters Monday morning. My guess is that link will be given once all the letter have been correctly uploaded to avoid a disaster (see Queens interview notification fail). This way they can upload, check that it is uploaded properly, then give us access. Which I think is a good idea, I'd rather wait a few days then be given the wrong letter!

Hello all,

Thanks for this advice - I never thought about it before, but it makes sense to me. It's a difficult thing though - do I want to be somewhere where I feel comfortable (ie. my room, sitting on my bed with my dog?!) or somewhere unique?

In all likelihood I'll be on Dal campus when I get the email, it will have to be somewhere there... hmmm...

Archived