Premed 101 Forums

MCAT locations

Guest kriserella

Guest kriserella

Hi! I will be writing my MCAT this summer and the registration date is fastly approaching. Do you have any suggestions as to which locations are 'good' places to write the MCATs? (ie. taking into account: air conditioned, the number of people writing it, good desks, lighting)

I'm thinking about writing at UofT or at York Univ. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Guest dfenst

Anywhere they're not planning on doing construction outside the building that day. A while back, I was taking the LSAT and the drilling outside was definitely a distractor. Ear plugs works for some. I took my MCATs at McGill the last 2 years and if I remember correctly, there was no air conditioning to speak of.

Dan

Guest Lactic Folly

If you can, check out the test locations ahead of time for desks, lighting, etc. I didn't find that the number of people was as great a consideration - the more people, the longer the day, but the longer the breaks between sections as they pass out/collect the papers.

Guest Lactic Folly

The U of A location is the Corbett Hall examination room.. it's not bad.. I don't know what the NAIT location is like.

Guest peachy

I wrote my MCATs at York. They're at the Keele (main) campus. They're written in a whole bunch of different rooms, so you can't predict how good the surfaces / lighting will be, as it varies room by room. The room I was in was quite good; others were less good.

Archived