Premed 101 Forums

Current UofC med students offering MMI practice

Attention UofC medical class of 2014 hopefuls! I hope everyone is as excited for the interview weekend as we are. We are looking forward to meeting you and participating in what can be both a fun and a nerve-wracking experience. As current UofC medical students we remember how it felt to be in your shoes and we want to do what we can to help you prepare and be more successful in your interviews. We will be offering practice MMI sessions as well as a Q&A session about life in med-school at the UofC. We will be hosting the first session on January 29 which will cost $2 to cover room booking costs.

PM us (uofcmmihelp@gmail.com) with your name and email to receive more details as there is limited space. Hope to hear from you all soon!

Attention UofC medical class of 2014 hopefuls! I hope everyone is as excited for the interview weekend as we are. We are looking forward to meeting you and participating in what can be both a fun and a nerve-wracking experience. As current UofC medical students we remember how it felt to be in your shoes and we want to do what we can to help you prepare and be more successful in your interviews. We will be offering practice MMI sessions as well as a Q&A session about life in med-school at the UofC. We will be hosting the first session on January 29 which will cost $2 to cover room booking costs.

PM us with your name and email to receive more details as there is limited space. Hope to hear from you all soon!

So I guess we'll know our interview/rejection status by then?

PM us (uofcmmihelp@gmail.com) with your name and email to receive more details as there is limited space. Hope to hear from you all soon!

Any chance of skypeing in?

Ian Walker on blog site:

It has come to my attention that some of our current students are holding mock MMI and MMI training sessions for applicants. It is important for you as applicants to know that this is in no way official or endorsed. It is also important for you to carefully consider the source of any advice you receive regarding the MMI, either from these sessions or from individuals. I have overheard people giving really terrible advice (“try to find ways to show the interviewer that you know lots about the health care system” or “look for places to interject stories about great things you have done even if they are not directly relevant to the scenario” are two of my favorite examples). The paradox is that anyone who actually knows anything is sworn to secrecy, and the people who are offering specific advice are generally speculating.

My biggest worry in all of this is that applicants will get bad advice and do worse on the MMI than they would have as a result. If you have a burning question, post it here. If I can answer it, I will. If not, I’ll tell you. (I also like this better since then it is available to everyone).

Interesting. Also interesting, U of A is not allowed to do a mock MMI for the first time this year. Wonder what's up with the faculties.

Hey Future Animals,

I'd like to help anyone who isn't able to get a spot with the mock MMI practice and answer any questions they may have. Post a reply on this forum for a good time (I am free 12:30-1:30pm and after 5:30pm) and I'll see if we can get an extra practice session in.

PS. if you have unanswered questions or would really like to practice feel free to join too.

Mikeowsoft

AyeAye 2013

• 4 weeks later...

Archived