Premed 101 Forums

Question for people who know Hamilton

I have an interview at McMaster, and I will be travelling alone and on a budget. I am eager to stay in a safe area where I will feel comfortable walking and taking the bus.

The Days Inn at 210 Main Street East is the most affordable and best rated option, from what I can see, but a few of the online reviews mention that you wouldn't want to walk around the surrounding neighbourhood after dark.

Anyone know anything about that area of town? Any suggestions for other accommodation? I know it's a few months away, but what can I say? I'm eager! :)

hey there,

the Days Inn is in a part of town isn't a "bad" area but if you're not from the area, it would be easy to wander into a sketchier part of town. It has convenient access to the bus system though, if that's a priority. DubZteR was totally on the mark saying that Westdale and Locke street area would be better - the Visitor's Inn is on the edge of Westdale and maybe a 40 minute walk to campus. The Admiral Inn is not in a sketchy part of town either, so you could check that out. What are your transportation options? That might limit where you stay in terms of using public transit to reach the school.

I've been a mac student for what feels like forever, so PM me if you have any other questions.

Cheers.

Archived