Premed 101 Forums

Does Mac look at reference letters?

Heya,

I got an interview at Mac, but was rejected at Queens despite making the cut offs. I'm beginning to become concerned that one of my reference letters was sour- I have gotten interviews in the States, but this letter was not used there, and really its the only difference between my application there and my application at Queens. Thus, I want to know if Mac screens reference letters at all- if they do, then that rules out the reference letter as the reason for my rejection at Queens. The reason I'm worried is because I'm yet to hear from Toronto- since they and Queens look at my application in similar ways, I'm fearing that the same fatal flaw in my application will bite me in the behind in Toronto as well.

Thanks in advance!

Heya,

I got an interview at Mac, but was rejected at Queens despite making the cut offs. I'm beginning to become concerned that one of my reference letters was sour- I have gotten interviews in the States, but this letter was not used there, and really its the only difference between my application there and my application at Queens. Thus, I want to know if Mac screens reference letters at all- if they do, then that rules out the reference letter as the reason for my rejection at Queens. The reason I'm worried is because I'm yet to hear from Toronto- since they and Queens look at my application in similar ways, I'm fearing that the same fatal flaw in my application will bite me in the behind in Toronto as well.

Thanks in advance!

They will if any of your answers for casper were flagged by the marker .... otherwise, I don't think so.

Not necessarily. How are you so sure it's your reference, and not your ABS?

That same ABS has gotten me interviews at two very good schools in the States. If anything, I felt my OMSAS ABS was superior to my AMCAS one- on OMSAS I was allowed to include a lot more experiences that were important to me than on AMCAS (because OMSAS goes back to the age of 16). The only difference (besides the modified ABS) between my Ontario and American applications was that one reference letter.

On the other hand, maybe Queens just thought I was too much of a nerd for their program (my OMSAS was significantly nerdier than my AMCAS).

Archived