Premed 101 Forums

Supplementary form question 5

Do you even have a chance of being invited to Dal for an interview as an OOP if you don't have anything for University scholarships, awards, and publications? given the other parts of the supplementary form and your essay are considered strong. Did any one other OOP get invited for an interview, without anything but a Queen Elizabeth Scholarship?

Do you even have a chance of being invited to Dal for an interview as an OOP if you don't have anything for University scholarships, awards, and publications? given the other parts of the supplementary form and your essay are considered strong. Did any one other OOP get invited for an interview, without anything but a Queen Elizabeth Scholarship?

I had no awards, scholarships or publications listed there. I put some high school things later, but found out after talking to admissions that they weren't even looked at because they're from high school.

I am OOP and got an interview, so you've DEFINITELY got a shot without any of those things! Good luck!!

I am aware of at least 1 current Dal med student with no scholarships, publications or wards.

The only way to know if you have a shot is to buy your ticket and there is nothing to lose other than the price of application but everything to gain.

And I guess again, I will be up to editing essay during the next cycle if asked to do so.

I've only ever gotten interviews from places I almost didn't apply because I thought I had no chance. Apply everywhere you can! You never know what'll work in your favour.

+1.

I strongly considered not applying to any schools that use cGPA because I've got a 3.62, but I got an OOP interview at Calgary this year, and an interview at Mac (both cGPA schools). Give it a shot!

+1.

I strongly considered not applying to any schools that use cGPA because I've got a 3.62, but I got an OOP interview at Calgary this year, and an interview at Mac (both cGPA schools). Give it a shot!

I have a 3.34 based on the uoft scale, and with the omsas conversion it's much lower. So given my cGPA, I'm afraid I don't even have a sliver of hope at such schools that consider only your cgpa pre-interview. Yet, my last 2 year avg is 3.83, so I do have Western given I can score higher on the verbal, Queens and now Dal also seems to be a possible option.

OCD,

FutureDoc proofread my essay and was a TREMENDOUS help. I highly recommend using FDs' services when you have your essay completed.

Goodluck

Hey Corneld, thanks alot for sharing, I'm definitley now looking forward to getting my essays reviewed by FutureDoc.

Archived