Premed 101 Forums

Oops: CV highlights = Abstract

CREA.tive

Hey guys!

I started writing my personal narrative in january, and I had really thought about it. I wrote a huge plan and all my ideas were sorted out. Actually, I'm almost done with the personal narrative. I wrote about 3 events/activities that were part of my CV because they really shaped me into who I am today. Therefore, there is no doubt that my abstract will also include these 3 activities.

The problem is that I did not think about my CV highlights. It would also make sense that I choose those 3 elements.

∴ CV highlights = Abstract

Any advice?

Your CV highlights should be "the highlights" and if they are the same, so be it. It is what it is!

So, yes, it makes sense.

Would it better for me to find another experience (that is not part of my CV) for my personal narrative? Would it make it less repetitive for the admission commitee?

Answer the questions. The rest will follow.

If your narrative describes your decision to become a physician, and your CV highlights show your suitability and motivation to be a physician, then don't worry if there's an overlap.

If it helps, mine overlapped and they didn't seem to mind. The narrative also doesn't get read until after the interview invite.

Archived