Premed 101 Forums

Universities for kinesiology?

uCalgary, UBC, uOttawa, Queen's and Waterloo are all very strong from a science perspective (i.e. physiology, biomechanics etc). I dont know which ones are good from an arts perspective (i.e. sport psychology, sociology, coaching etc.). Which one ranks as first depends on your interest within the discipline. I wouldn't recommend York or Toronto for kinesiology.

thanks for the reply.

I've considered Waterloo because of their co-op, but that means i'd have to take residence which costs a very hefty amount...

UofT is very close by and I've been told its better to go there because of their reputation...im also told that york has a very good kin program, however i'd much rather attend UofT or waterloo

Yes, residence can be a game changer. I know for biomechanics at least, York and U of T aren't top 5 for sure. It's possible that York is good in other areas; if I recall correctly, they are Ok in physiology, motor control, and psych. However, I think their Dean has gone to UofT now. UofT is a young program but a good school.

Unco.... Waterloo is the best university for kinesiology. If you want, PM me and I'll give you the details.

UofT - don't go there. Won't get you anywhere. It's not a good program and you're becoming Physical Education Teacher - ie it's not a kinesiology program.

Anyway, check out this thread:

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42504&highlight=kinesiology

In fact, York's program in kine is ranked in the Top 3 in Ontario - above UofT. I don't know where osteon got his/hers info.

Archived