Premed 101 Forums

MCAT in September

Tina_HP

You can check the AAMC website. They have all the MCAT exam, registration and score release dates posted. The registration normally opens 5-6 months in advance of the test date so you're probably looking at March or April. I don't know that I'd sign up that far in advance though; better off start studying, see where you're at, then book your exam when you're 2-3 months away from when you think you'll be ready.

Don't waste any time booking it either lol, I wanted to write around the end of July or very beginning of August and I was forced to write on September 3rd because I was trying to decide on a date and took my sweet time with it... Nothing wrong with September 3rd since it gave me even more study time, but I didn't really enjoy the 5 day summer vacation :P

In order to make sure your test results is ready for OMSAS, would people suggest that early/mid august be the best time if you are applying this coming cycle?

Probably since it gives you room for error in case results are delayed. I believe 5 weeks is the absolute max between writing and releasing results.

Archived