Premed 101 Forums

Interview Response Form: lost in the mail?

Hey everyone,

so I mailed the Macmaster interview confirmation form by registered mail on February 3rd, and the post office told me it'd get there in 2 to 4 business days. So I stopped worrying about it for 2 weeks as I was swamped with a lot of other work.

So today, I log onto Canada post to check the letter's status, and find out that the last thing that happened to it was being "processed in the post facility" on February 6th, and nothing more.

I've become very worried that it was lost, and today is way past the Feb. 11th deadline, so I called Mac and no one picked up. I sent them an email as well and no response yet.

I tried calling Canada Post and they don't know where the letter is and started an investigation and will get back to me in "5-10" business days.

I am completely freaking out! What should I do at this point? Try calling them again? Or wait for their email response. I thought they'd let me know if they received nothing from me.... I'm going out of my mind! Need some advice.

Thanks guys for your input, I think it's just the premed anxiety getting to me.

that happened to me too.

I called them mac and it did arrived.

So i think it might be canada post system issues.

call or e-mail mac to confirm, but mine did get there even though it said it was being processed on the website

You're right, it's probably something with the Canada Post system. I guess there's not much for me to do at this point but wait patiently....

yea i know how you feel. I spent the whole day calling mac until someone picked up.

I'm almost certain it got there. i'm guessing you used xpresspost so u can track it? if you did then it should be there

p.s. mine was around the same time as you. It was the 7th. so it's quite likely we went through the same crappy service

My letter actually did get lost in the mail. I had no idea until Wendy emailed me on Feb. 11. I kind of freaked out, but she emailed me a new copy and I scanned it and emailed it back to her - she replied indicating my file is complete. No big deal.

The point of the story is that if they didn't receive your letter, they would have contacted you by now.

My letter actually did get lost in the mail. I had no idea until Wendy emailed me on Feb. 11. I kind of freaked out, but she emailed me a new copy and I scanned it and emailed it back to her - she replied indicating my file is complete. No big deal.

The point of the story is that if they didn't receive your letter, they would have contacted you by now.

i wouldnt worry abt it either. the person above is rite - they would've emailed u, and honestly even if it did get lost in the mail i highly doubt tht they wudnt give u an interview bc of a technicality like this. i know wht u mean tho - after i mailed it i was gonna call within a week to find out of it got there and i completely forgot to do that until after the feb 11 deadline. called - no body picked up. emailed them - and they said they had it. so yeah dnt worry im sure it got there and even if it didnt i dnt think tht wud stop u from interviewing.

i wouldnt worry abt it either. the person above is rite - they would've emailed u, and honestly even if it did get lost in the mail i highly doubt tht they wudnt give u an interview bc of a technicality like this. i know wht u mean tho - after i mailed it i was gonna call within a week to find out of it got there and i completely forgot to do that until after the feb 11 deadline. called - no body picked up. emailed them - and they said they had it. so yeah dnt worry im sure it got there and even if it didnt i dnt think tht wud stop u from interviewing.

Wow thanks everyone!

Yeah, turns out they did receive it after all, Wendy emailed me back to tell me and told me not to worry, as they would've contacted me if they hadn't received it.

Phew, that was a lot of anxiety for nothing! But thank you for all the kind words guys!

Wow thanks everyone!

Yeah, turns out they did receive it after all, Wendy emailed me back to tell me and told me not to worry, as they would've contacted me if they hadn't received it.

Phew, that was a lot of anxiety for nothing! But thank you for all the kind words guys!

Wow thanks everyone!

Wow thanks everyone!

Archived