Premed 101 Forums

Deadline question

mydream

Hey,

I am ready to submit everything but I am still waiting for one of my referee to send the report. He will only be able to send it during the afternoon on the 28th, very close to the deadline. I am concerned that because of the huge amount of students sending their stuff at the last minute, the system crashes and I won't be able to send my things. I already have 3 referees but this last one means a lot to me. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

You do need the 4th ref as JamesNixon said, but I don't believe you have to wait for all your referees to have submitted their report before you seal & submit your application.

McGill will still accept the report if it's sent before the deadline even if you've sealed & submitted (as you have already given the contact info), Unless you plan on changing/ updating information in your app, I'm pretty sure you're good to go...

C

Hey,

I am ready to submit everything but I am still waiting for one of my referee to send the report. He will only be able to send it during the afternoon on the 28th, very close to the deadline. I am concerned that because of the huge amount of students sending their stuff at the last minute, the system crashes and I won't be able to send my things. I already have 3 referees but this last one means a lot to me. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

@C2MD

Unfortunately, that is incorrect :( From the McGill site:

"Your application will not be considered complete unless and until all referees named by the applicant have submitted their report. Therefore, do not enter more names than you deem necessary."

You do need the 4th ref as JamesNixon said, but I don't believe you have to wait for all your referees to have submitted their report before you seal & submit your application.

McGill will still accept the report if it's sent before the deadline even if you've sealed & submitted (as you have already given the contact info), Unless you plan on changing/ updating information in your app, I'm pretty sure you're good to go...

C

I don't think that means you can't seal and submit as long as you have entered/ completed the entire application:

It is the applicant's responsibility to submit the following information for each

referee via the designated form in your MedOAS account:

•the first and last name of the referee

•your relationship with the referee and its duration

•the referee's company or institution

•the referee's department or office

•the referee's professional e-mail address

I applied in the Uni category and sealed/ submitted before my last referee submitted his report and before they noted that they had received all my transcripts (also needed for application to be considered complete) I then called to make sure that it was ok and they said it was...

mydream maybe try calling Monday morning. If I'm wrong, my apologies and if not well you can seal & sumbit Monday am :)

C

@C2MD

Unfortunately, that is incorrect :( From the McGill site:

"Your application will not be considered complete unless and until all referees named by the applicant have submitted their report. Therefore, do not enter more names than you deem necessary."

That's what they state on the site:

"•Application deadline: March 1, 2011

•Submission deadline: March 1, 2011

The web-based application system (related link) cycles nightly at 9 PM (EST) for system processing, including the generation of a McGill identification number and system account. Accordingly, for applications to be considered as received on a specific date, they must be submitted on-line before 9 PM (EST) of that date."

C

Is the deadline on March 1st at 9PM?

Archived