Premed 101 Forums

Prayer time

based on comparing with others, interviews varied a lot, every interview will ask whatever they feel like that day...

if they ask you something that you dont know about...why dont you just say you are unfamiliar with it...thats better than pretending to talk about it like you know what's going on...

imo anyways

For those of you who have interviewed, I am wondering what you thought of your interview, how long you "prepared", and whether or not you felt prepared.

I will admit that I am a little anxious about this interview, I know in the past they have asked current event questions. I am worried that it will be about an event that I have not read about .. :S

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with ici

I think overpreparing for UT interviews could do more harm than good. The most important thing is to know yourself, who you are, what you enjoy, what experiences have brought you where you are today and what have you learned from them. You don't necessarily need to "practice" answers to questions like that more so than just self reflection.

I wasn't asked any current event questions.

The best piece of advice I got from a UT student was to not listen to too much advice...trust yourself!

Then again, haven't there apparently been terrible interviews in the past that ended in an offer?

I suppose we now come to the question of what counts as a good interview...

I think a lot people are too hard on themselves. With 2-4 months of reflection we tend to stress out on our interview performance because we have such a long time to review our answers and come up with better ones that many of us feel that we did "poorly".

Also, it could be that some of these people probably had outstanding pre-interview scores.

I agree with ici

I think overpreparing for UT interviews could do more harm than good. The most important thing is to know yourself, who you are, what you enjoy, what experiences have brought you where you are today and what have you learned from them. You don't necessarily need to "practice" answers to questions like that more so than just self reflection.

I wasn't asked any current event questions.

The best piece of advice I got from a UT student was to not listen to too much advice...trust yourself!

lol... imagine people practice answers to the question :if you were a kitchen appliance, which one will it be?, or if you were a cookie, what flavour will be it be... My personal prediction for this year is :if you had to be a character from Jersey shore, which one would you be?

Archived