Premed 101 Forums

Accommodations

Try viewit.ca or craigslist to look for listings. If you are looking to live downtown, there are lots of condos on Bay st that are walking distance to St Mikes, Sick Kids/Mt Sinai/TGH/Women's, and you can take the shuttle from TGH to TWH, and there is a shuttle upto Sunnybrook as well, or you can take the subway/bus.

Pretty much Bloor to Queen/King, Spadina to Yonge would make it pretty easy to get to the hospitals, any further and you'd want to live close to a subway station.

I'm starting residency at UofT and will rotate through most of the hospitals. Can anyone recommend a good area to find accommodations? Thank you.

congratulations... what are you doing your residency in, if you don't mind me asking?

i would say any apt within a few mile radius of college and university would be a good location for getting around the downtown hospitals

I found my place on craigs list. Way better than viewit.ca. You should be able to find a small one bedroom in a slightly older building downtown for $1500. I also found it better to look at renting a private condo rather than renting a traditional apartment (cheaper + nicer place). you can even look on mls.ca (click on properties for rent rather than for sale, and use the map function to zoom in on the area where you might want to live - it will, at the very least, give you some ballpark figures about the various buildings downtown, and lots of pics too!).

Archived