Premed 101 Forums

Help please

Hi, i am currently in second year of a bachelor at university of montreal. Since my gpa is low, i am trying to have good marks for the reste of the bac to apply in med at ottawa, in the french stream, after my degree.

The problem is that this semester, i have 14 credits and i had a really bad mark in an option course, almost impossible to bring it to a correct mark at the end. I want to do a withdrawal for this course and retake it this summer. The problem is that I would fall to 11 credits, and I doubt that the year would be considered as fulltime, even if with the summer courses I would be at 31 credits.

Would this withdrawal affect my application?

Please help quickly to take a decision, the deadline for withdrawals is tomorrow, the 11th of march

Hi, i am currently in second year of a bachelor at university of montreal. Since my gpa is low, i am trying to have good marks for the reste of the bac to apply in med at ottawa, in the french stream, after my degree.

The problem is that this semester, i have 14 credits and i had a really bad mark in an option course, almost impossible to bring it to a correct mark at the end. I want to do a withdrawal for this course and retake it this summer. The problem is that I would fall to 11 credits, and I doubt that the year would be considered as fulltime, even if with the summer courses I would be at 31 credits.

Would this withdrawal affect my application?

Please help quickly to take a decision, the deadline for withdrawals is tomorrow, the 11th of march

I dont really know how your school works regarding course weighting, But I believe ottawa's website has on it an explanation for people that do not have full course loads every year. I believe the minimum amount of courses you can take per year is 8 and still be eligible for weighting? (where 10 courses per year would be considered full time) The catch is you have to have taken extra classes during ur studies to be added to that year to make it 10. So if you drop one course this semester, you will need to take it in the summer or elsewhere in ur degree to compensate. Which would then make your "overall" year of 10 courses.

I had 9 courses/year and I was not affected as I had extra courses that could be added to make those years 10 course years. Also the gpas of these extra courses wont be considered in your weighting for that year.

Check out the ottawa med website, it should explain it better on there. I could always be mistaken.

Archived