Premed 101 Forums

Do the Princeton books have too much information in them?

thehumanmacbook

Hey everyone,

So just briefly going over the MCAT material that I have for this summer, I noticed the vast difference of material density between Princeton vs Kaplan or EK. Did anyone find that a lot of the Princeton material wasn't on the MCAT or irrelevant details? Or did you find that the extra stuff helped with detail-oriented questions (which I don't know if the MCAT may have)?

Many thanks to all who reply!

Hey everyone,

So just briefly going over the MCAT material that I have for this summer, I noticed the vast difference of material density between Princeton vs Kaplan or EK. Did anyone find that a lot of the Princeton material wasn't on the MCAT or irrelevant details? Or did you find that the extra stuff helped with detail-oriented questions (which I don't know if the MCAT may have)?

Many thanks to all who reply!

Well, I used Kaplan, and found it had more than enough info. So I think it's not a matter of Princeton having too much info, it's just Kaplan is more geared for people who already have a good science background.

Princeton has way more class time, and way more in their books, so I think it's more suited to people who haven't already taken all of the basic sciences on the MCAT in undergrad.

Archived