Premed 101 Forums

International schools pre-reqs

Hey everyone,

Quick question - are there any international schools that dont require specific pre-reqs (ex. Organic chemistry, english, etc.)?

Thanks!

Still not 100% sure about this but I believe the Irish schools (GEP) do not (they may require one year physics/math, bio, chem). The Australian schools definitely do not have requirements (just mcat and degree). Other than those two countries, that's about it. I know Eastern Europe and the Caribbean have extensive prereqs.

Still not 100% sure about this but I believe the Irish schools (GEP) do not (they may require one year physics/math, bio, chem). The Australian schools definitely do not have requirements (just mcat and degree). Other than those two countries, that's about it. I know Eastern Europe and the Caribbean have extensive prereqs.

Thanks Der Kaiser - Australia is looking brighter and brighter :) Now it's just that intern predicament if I go there...

• 4 weeks later...

G’day thehumanmacbook,

With regards to the Australian medical schools, most of the graduate entry Australian medical school do not require any pre-requisite subjects to be completed. One of the only exceptions is the University of Melbourne, which requires that you have completed one semester of Anatomy, one semester of Physiology and one semester of Biochemistry.

Now, for the University of Melbourne, you will need to submit your course outlines from the above courses that you completed in your undergraduate degree in Canada.

The Admissions team than assess your pre-requisites to make sure that they meet the University’s requirements. What they are concerned with is not the title of the pre-requisite course that you completed, but the content. They have a very specific requirement for each of those course outlines.

I have been working with the admissions team @ Melbourne for the past two years on putting together a list, which I have, of the Canadian courses that do meet Melbourne’s requirements.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Matt

Archived