Premed 101 Forums

MSAR worthwhile purchase?

Yes if you are lazy and dont want to go on each school's website for the median GPA/MCAT yes/no on taking Canadians.

Also, the stats generally dont change much, so if you can get a previous year's copy at your local university library, I would use that instead. The only worthy updates are the new schools that opened (ie Oakland University) and changed policy (ie EVMS is no longer taking Canadians starting this year). But you can probably get those news here/SDN/school's website.

I have just seen that the MSAR availible on AMCAS for $25. The information in it sounds pretty useful so I am wondering if anyone has previously gotten a copy and can say whether it was of use or not.

Thanks,

EC89

princeton has a spreadsheet floating around with the summarized version of MSAR for 2011 i believe ... just google it and it should come up

Yes if you are lazy and dont want to go on each school's website for the median GPA/MCAT yes/no on taking Canadians.

Also, the stats generally dont change much, so if you can get a previous year's copy at your local university library, I would use that instead. The only worthy updates are the new schools that opened (ie Oakland University) and changed policy (ie EVMS is no longer taking Canadians starting this year). But you can probably get those news here/SDN/school's website.

i'm pretty sure that all of the new med schools that opened up in the US don't accept anyone that's not a US citizen or perm resident ... They were created to help alleviate rural physician shortages so i may be wrong but i have a hard time imagining they would accept non-US citizens.

on their website at least, oakland university is accepting canadians

Thanks for pointing this out! It's surprising given that they're a public university but this is encouraging for Canadians :) ... plus Beaumont has one of the strongest rad onc programs in the US!

Archived