Premed 101 Forums

Queensland Medical School Dean Visit to Canada - April/May 2011

G'day everyone,

This post is for those that may be interested in meeting Professor David Wilkinson. I have just finalised the information schedule, which is listed below.

University of Queensland Medical School Dean, Professor David Wilkinson, will be visiting Canada and hosting information sessions in Vancouver and Toronto in late April and early May.

Professor Wilkinson is on a strategic visit to Canada to solidify many of the Canadian relationships that have been formed between the University of Queensland Medical School and Canadian Medical Schools, which benefit not only all University of Queensland Medical School, but especially Canadians in the medical program at the University of Queensland.

Information Session Schedule

Vancouver

Date: Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Time: 6.30pm

Venue: Room C130, UBC Robson Square, 800 Robson St. Vancouver, BC V6Z

Map: http://tiny.cc/robsonsq

Toronto

Date: Saturday, May 7, 2011

Time: 2.30pm

Venue: Music Room, Hart House, University of Toronto, 7 Hart House Circle, University of Toronto

Map: http://tiny.cc/harthouse

The following topics will be discussed at the information sessions:

- University of Queensland Medical School

- Medical School Program structure and organisation

- Entry Requirements

- Canadian, US and International Clinical Rotation opportunities

- Accreditation and Licensing in Canada, the US and Australia

- Latest internship news from Australia

- Latest updates about coming back to Canada

Cecile McGuire, Manager International, School of Medicine, University of Queensland, and I will also be at the information sessions to provide you with all the latest information about the program, entry requirements, licensing and accreditation and more…

No RSVP required, if you are interested in attending, just come along to one of the sessions above.

In early June, I will be hosting the annual Australian Medical School Licensing Workshops, for those that applied to an Australian Medical School via OzTREKK. These workshops provide you with all the latest information and statistics in regards to what is going on in Australia, Canada and the US related to internships, residencies and pathways to becoming licensed. These workshops are a great opportunity for you to get the latest information so that you can make an informed decision as to whether completing your medical degree overseas is right for you.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at any time.

Cheers,

Matt

Archived