Premed 101 Forums

Which schools to apply to?

There's prob many of us wondering where to apply too and this 'tier' business is confusing.

I was going to apply to about 20 schools, but just wondering which ones I should definitely apply to. I have 3.99 and 33O, the low MCAT throws me out of any top tier ivy schools. I have the usual ECs: hospital volunteering (3yrs), student gov't, summer research (NSERC), charities etc.

I was going to apply to:

BostonU

Case Western

Columbia

Dartmouth

Emory

GWU

Georgetown

Mount Sinai

Northwestern

Rosalind Franklin

SLU

SUNY upstate

Jefferson

UC Davis

Chicago

Kentucky

U Maryland

U north Carolina

Wayne State

AECOM

Any others that would be a good idea to apply to? I don't really care where I go and having some backups would be a good idea.

Thanks for any input!

I've been looking into some of these schools lately and I wouldn't bother with any of the UC schools if I were you. According to some MSAR data, none of the UC schools interviewed any international students whatsoever in 2008-2009, despite having many international applicants. They might as well just tell us that they're not interested :P

Not UC, but stanford, usc and loma linda have been known to accept Canadians

I've been looking into some of these schools lately and I wouldn't bother with any of the UC schools if I were you. According to some MSAR data, none of the UC schools interviewed any international students whatsoever in 2008-2009, despite having many international applicants. They might as well just tell us that they're not interested :P

Archived