Premed 101 Forums

CNFS stream

hi,

i was just wondering if students in the CNFS program could comment on the curriculum. i know that the lecture and notes are in french, and that the textbooks are in english. i was just wondering if it's possible to receive the english notes as well?

thanks.

hi,

i was just wondering if students in the CNFS program could comment on the curriculum. i know that the lecture and notes are in french, and that the textbooks are in english. i was just wondering if it's possible to receive the english notes as well?

thanks.

I'm not in the CNFS program, but I can tell you that lecture notes are indeed in french but there are some french texts. Getting english notes is very easy: ask anyone in the anglophone program :) although we're separated curriculum wise (our schedules are largely parallel though), we see each other all the time and I can say some of my closet friends are in fact in the french stream. I'll let someone else comment on the curriculum in detail.

thank you. so, we can only ask fellow students for the english notes? or can we obtain these notes from whoever distributed class notes to students (i.e., admin staff, bookstore...etc).

also, if the text books are in french and english, are we allowed to choose which one we prefer, or are we required to choose only those in french?

i am glad to hear that the two streams interact. i was worried that being in the french stream would be that we would become isolated.

Must exams be written in French? If so, perhaps French notes would be better.

i think the exams are in both french and english (either sides of the page) and the student can choose in which language they would prefer to answer.

i think the exams are in both french and english (either sides of the page) and the student can choose in which language they would prefer to answer.

Oops, went to quote your post and edited by mistake... changed it back though.

Just responding to say that yes, your exam book contains both languages and you can use either.

thank you. so, we can only ask fellow students for the english notes? or can we obtain these notes from whoever distributed class notes to students (i.e., admin staff, bookstore...etc).

also, if the text books are in french and english, are we allowed to choose which one we prefer, or are we required to choose only those in french?

i am glad to hear that the two streams interact. i was worried that being in the french stream would be that we would become isolated.

Pretty much you're only isolated if you want to be :) There's no required texts per se. Between the internet, up to date, and our notes, you really don't need a text. Regardless there's plenty that are suggested and just ask around. The one you'll here people say to get is "Lily". It's a cardio text, and it's the best text you'll own in the first 2 years.

Pretty much you're only isolated if you want to be :) There's no required texts per se. Between the internet, up to date, and our notes, you really don't need a text. Regardless there's plenty that are suggested and just ask around. The one you'll here people say to get is "Lily". It's a cardio text, and it's the best text you'll own in the first 2 years.

i probably will buy the texts. i was one of those people in undergrad that would read chapters to gain a solid foundation, and then read through class notes. i just found that reading the notes alone often left me with gaps in my knowledge.

Archived