Premed 101 Forums

wow

Guest g11g4

I just found this forum and every one is talking about 13s and 14s!!!. wow! makes me feel like I am never gonna make it. I am studying for april 02 by the way. All i can say is wow (sometimes it sounds like "damn"). Well, you all are doing great. damn. (Sorry)

Guest Ian Wong

Hey man,

The cool thing is that you don't NEED 13's and 14's to get into med school. For Ontario schools, you just need to jump their cut-offs. Here at UBC, the class average for accepted students was roughly 10's on each section. One of my classmates got in with a 7V, 8P, 8B, M, basically the lowest score that cleared the UBC cutoffs!

Here's the UBC stats over the last several years:

premed101.com/stats.html#MCAT

Ian

UBC, Med 3

The MCAT stats at Ontario schools are for the most part irrelevant because the schools are cutoff based. At U of T it's 8 in each section plus N writing. At Queen's, it's 10 in verbal, 9 in sciences, 30 total, and N in writing. And at Western, it's 9's in each section plus P in writing. Western does weigh your verbal score and writing score (25%) into their final evaluation after your interview, but people with the minimums at least have a fighting chance to get in, otherwise they probably wouldn't be interviewed in the first place.

Archived