Premed 101 Forums

I was accepted into the U of A OT program. I received my offer at the end of March.

If you haven't heard whether or not you have been waitlisted, you might want to contact the program. I suspect that as people find out about acceptances to U of A PT as well as the programs in Ontario for OT/PT, that some spots might open up at U of A for OT. There is always a shuffle!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm also waiting to hear from UofA. It is the only program and school I applied to since I know I want OT and I need to be in Alberta, so my fingers are tightly crossed!! U of A OT or bust!

FYI the U of A calendar states:

"The selection process is competitive and will be based on the GPA in the most recent 60 taken prior to January of the admission year. Applicants are initially rank ordered according to their Admission GPA. Applicants who have completed 30 over two consecutive terms will be ranked above those who have taken fewer than 30.

Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater will normally be recommended for acceptance or conditional acceptance by March 15 of the admission year. The remaining applicants will be advised of their status by June 30 of the admission year."

So, I'm not too stressed that I haven't heard yet. I knew I would not get a first round offer, although my GPA (last 60 credits) is over 3.5, my cumulative GPA is below. The rest of the offers I believe will go out after June 15, after the supporting document deadline when all applications have been completely reviewed and ranked, and they've heard back from the first round offers. So, we should know within a few weeks now! Good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home from work. I'm on a waitlist... :( oh well, my fingers are crossed. I am a bit surprised though since my subGPA should be just shy of a 3.6 (not exactly sure, attended a couple schools with different grading systems!) and last year's lowest admitted was 3.32...

Illmatic- I was going friggin mental today too! The waiting has been painful. Were you actually rejected or placed on the waitlist? I wish they would tell us what place we are on the waitlist!! MORE WAITING!!!:(

Bankia- you've given me hope! :) I really want this and only applied UofA, it's my only shot! How many days did they give you to RSVP, to give me an idea of the turn around time?? ;) (and what was your subGPA if you don't mind sharing?)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived