Premed 101 Forums

So dumb questions I know, but seeing as I am based in Edmonton and can't really drop things off, we can just mail our cheque to the admissions office, right? Is there a deadline to this even though we have accepted online (i.e., should we use registered mail)?

Also, where are people going to start their immunizations (Edmonton folks - my wife and I moved here only last summer - so if you know of a good clinic, please let me know....)?

Then I guess its just a matter of registering for a CPR course, Criminal Record Check and sending in the N95 form? Yikes - not trying to be paranoid but just don't want to miss any deadlines. :rolleyes:

P.S. Anyone else having problems opening the letter from MD Management and Letter from Alberta College of Family Physicians?

Thanks!

So dumb questions I know, but seeing as I am based in Edmonton and can't really drop things off, we can just mail our cheque to the admissions office, right? Is there a deadline to this even though we have accepted online (i.e., should we use registered mail)?

Also, where are people going to start their immunizations (Edmonton folks - my wife and I moved here only last summer - so if you know of a good clinic, please let me know....)?

Then I guess its just a matter of registering for a CPR course, Criminal Record Check and sending in the N95 form? Yikes - not trying to be paranoid but just don't want to miss any deadlines. :rolleyes:

P.S. Anyone else having problems opening the letter from MD Management and Letter from Alberta College of Family Physicians?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if the deposit also has a deadline of May 25 or not, but I would just send it asap, it should only take a couple days if mailed from Edmonton.

I'm getting my immunization records and then taking everything to the SU Wellness Center here on campus, U of A probably has something similar, maybe check the U of A section to see what those guys are doing for their immunizations.

I don't know if the letter from MD Management or the College of Family Physicians are available yet, they dont appear to be links or anything just yet. Also, I will be checking what the requirements are for the CPR course when I drop my deposit off on Monday.

PS - people in Calgary, police checks seem to only be done in the downtown office, which is just north of city hall across the c-train tracks (you have to walk through the platform construction to access the station), I was sent there yesterday only to find out they do not do security checks on weekends, or evenings for that matter, gotta go during working hours.....

You should definitely send it via registered mail. I don't think time is a huge concern in your case since it's coming from Edmonton, but you don't want Canada Post losing a certified cheque or money order on you. Plus it's nice to see the signature confirmation for peace of mind that it arrived.

On his blog Dr. Walker mentioned that a one day First Aid/CPR course is fine. I signed up for the HCP version since I figured it was more relevant to our situation...please post if you find out different on monday.

Does anyone know how to get their full vaccination record? I feel like it would be scattered around a lot of different places...work, school(s), hospitals, clinics, family doctor(s). Is it just a pipe dream to hope for one central location for all of it...?

Thanks Pubert and Rebencer - I should definately send the cheque registered mail now that I think about it.

As for vacinations - I would be quite surprised if we could find all that in a single location....hmmm, maybe as the docs of tomorrow we could work on fixing that, haha :P

If you call Alberta Immunizations Records, they can send out a copy of what they have on file. I only have the Edmonton number which is (780) 413-7985. I'm sure that a quick search would yield the number for the Calgary office.

403-214-3641 is the number for Calgary, it is on the info page for the immunization forms. I will take Dr. Walker's advice and just take all my stuff to the SU Wellness Center on campus and get everything worked out.

Great point on the registered mail pubert, I should have mentioned that. I saw that a one day CPR course was sufficient but St. Johns Ambulance offers 2 or 3 different day courses..? Anyways, I will ask tomorrow AM and post back on here and the Facebook group.

That's awesome, I had no idea that there was an immunization records centre. Thanks!

Wow, St John's does have a tonne of courses. I signed up for Emergency First Aid / HCP CPR at The Safety Group. Pricing seems pretty standard but it is close to home and 9am start vs 8am :P .

That's awesome, I had no idea that there was an immunization records centre. Thanks!

Wow, St John's does have a tonne of courses. I signed up for Emergency First Aid / HCP CPR at The Safety Group. Pricing seems pretty standard but it is close to home and 9am start vs 8am :P .

That one looks good, we should call and see if they have a discount for us, on their student page it says they provide a discount for students in the U of C - Health and Medicine Club. I may try and look into large group discounts if there is enough interest and book a day for just our class in July.

Archived