Premed 101 Forums

Poor MCAT

Guest cassica

Guest cassica

Ok, I just got my MCAT marks back from April 2002 and it was worse than last time. Last year I had an 26P (8-9-9) which isn't too competitive. This year, however, I fell to a 25M. Talk about discouraging. I cannot re-write until next April when I graduate. I just wanted to see if anyone else has been in the same boat and whether they have been succesful applying with these low MCAT marks... please help me brighten up my day =(

Guest cassica

shkelo, I am going to Africa for the next two months. That is so much more important than that stupid test. hehehe. Well, the low mark was partly my fault since I didn't even open a book to study for it. I was in the middle of exams and thought i would be okay...guess not :(

Guest UWOMED2005

Neither U of O or Mac look at the MCAT. U of T requires 8/8/8/N, but is willing to make "exceptions for outstanding candidates." I have no idea what that means.

Guest UofTmedbound

I wrote it my first time last year and screwed up big time on the verbal (mabye it was cause i didn't take a prep course or mabye nerves...) Anyways, i ended up with a 7, 10, 10, S and my OMSAS GPA after 2 years is 3.81. I just finished 3rd year and i ended up getting an interview at U of T even though i thought i was surely disqualified. Though i don't consider myself an "outstanding candidate" by any means, i'm somehow on U of T's waiting list now.

Archived