Premed 101 Forums

AAMC on-line

Guest NBer

Guest NBer

Hi

Just wondering what people's thoughts were on the on-line practice mcat. Do you recommend this over purchasing the paper copies? I was curious to know how many people found the on-line practice set useful, especially for the price...our dollar isn't doing so well :-)

Thanks

Guest medicator007

G'day,

Well i personally have never used the online MCAT from AAMC, I have used online practice material from Princeton Review. Personally I found the online format hard to study from. As well I would definately get the paper materials as it is far better practice for the actual MCAT than the online version as you should get used to the acutal format of the big test.

Just my opinion

Guest semple

i used the online test, but i ended up printing everything so it would be closer to the real test. just having a mouse in your hand rather than a pencil will affect how much you learn from doing the test. so, if you have access to a laser printer, buy online, cuz it's cheaper than buying the paper versions: i got tests III, IV, V, and VI for $80 US. if aamc isn't offering this deal yet, they will a bit closer to the test. marking is much easier online, too.

Guest shkelo

If you know some other people taking the test, try and share the cost. All you get is a user name and password. $10/ea and it's a good investment. The real advantage of the online exam is the scoring system. It gives you accurate feedback on how well you will do on the real thing. The Kaplan scoring is a little wacked and probably underestimates your actual score in the first place. You would be surprised how many questions you need to get wrong on the three multiple choice sections before you're under 10, particularly in the PS section. One disadvantage of the on-line exam, however, is taking the exam on a computer screen. I wouldn't even bother trying to mimic test conditions. It's difficult, unless like semple suggested, you print the sections out first.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Semple,

Are you sure you can print the test off? If it is true, I will use the online version rather than paper version. Thank you.

Archived