Premed 101 Forums

Kaplan MCAT

Guest lauren

Guest lauren

Are the practice MCATs provided by the kaplan course the same as those given by the AAMC in there online membership?

Thanks

Guest medicator007

Lauren,

The exams given out by Kaplan or any commercial preparatory course for that matter are NOT the same as those put out by the AAMC. Generally, I found those put out by the prep schools to be harder than the actual MCAT, while the AAMC exams tend to be more representative of the actual style of the MCAT. That's not to say dont use commercial prep material, but definately try and do some AAMC material before you write the exam to get a good indication of where u stand...especially the most recent practice tests that they put out (5 and 6 i believe!).

Best of Luck,

Medicator007

Guest kosmo14

I agree, with medicator, I actually found the Kaplans to be quite a bit harder than the actual MCAT (probably trying to drum up more business for thier courses, by making people feel inadequate. AAMC's are all copies of previous MCATs although I found the first few to be pretty easy in comparison to my MCAT. AAMC#5 I found was really close to what I had, with the exception that my verbal section was an absolute nightmare (not to scare you, it probably turned out better that it was a tough one). One other note is to make sure you time yourself when you are practicing, and do not allow yourself to go over the time limit.

Good luck

Archived