Premed 101 Forums

Introduction to Sociology as a birdie course at york

I originally wanted to take economics but appearantly that doesn't count as a social science course for UofT's medical school prerequisite

Economics should count as a social science

From the FAQ's on U of T's website

http://www.md.utoronto.ca/admissions/information/faq.htm#prerequ

"5) What are Social Sciences?

Some examples of Social Science courses would be Geography (social), Political Science, Economics and Sociology."

Economics should count as a social science

From the FAQ's on U of T's website

http://www.md.utoronto.ca/admissions/information/faq.htm#prerequ

"5) What are Social Sciences?

Some examples of Social Science courses would be Geography (social), Political Science, Economics and Sociology."

You can now take comfort in the fact that you saved another human being (me) 8 months of pure misery!

I'm signing up for economics right now lol

lol, my pleasure.

Not sure what your interests are but if you are looking for something mind-numbingly easy, I took Econ 1900 (with Prof Avi Weiss).

If Econ at york are bird courses, then Econ 1900 is the yellow-rumped warbler. Things may have changed since then, as this was the first year of the course, but it felt more like a high school course. Easiest A+ ever

lol, my pleasure.

Not sure what your interests are but if you are looking for something mind-numbingly easy, I took Econ 1900 (with Prof Avi Weiss).

If Econ at york are bird courses, then Econ 1900 is the yellow-rumped warbler. Things may have changed since then, as this was the first year of the course, but it felt more like a high school course. Easiest A+ ever

are you sure it wasn't Avi Cohen? He's the only prof that's teaching the course.

are you sure it wasn't Avi Cohen? He's the only prof that's teaching the course.

Yup, my bad.

Avi Cohen - if he is still using the same book "economics for life" i would go for it (he probably is, as he is the author lol), as that book is so simple that it is hard to give a difficult test from it. just realize that you won't be able to take any other Econ courses after this, so only take it if you know that you arent interested in pursuing any further econ courses.

He actually makes the class really interesting, explains well(he's won a lot of teaching awards), and he tries to podcast all classes, which is awesome.

I knew nothing about economics coming in, but if you do, you may find it quite boring

Archived