Premed 101 Forums

*How long did you study?

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Melissa

Date:***2/6/2001 7:07 pm*PST

I was wondering how much time on average a person would prep for the MCAT. Also, is taking the MCAT more than once a disadvantage on applications?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*zap

Date:***2/6/2001 8:22 pm*PST

i did 2 months, a few (3ish) nights a week...DO PRACTICE TESTS....I would recommend 8 or so....helped me tremendously, if you learn your mistakes...i know all the books say that, but really go over your answers.Although if verbal is an area of weakness, i'm not sure if going over answers helps at all...

I wrote it twice, and I dont think it has any bearing on admissions at all...Maybe even a positive, by showing how determined you are :)

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Ian Wong, MS2

Date:***2/11/2001 10:13 pm*PST

I've got a big section on the MCAT on the main page of my website. Like zap mentioned above, do as many practice exams as you can. I'd recommend doing at least 5, with 10+ being ideal. The amount of time will vary for each person, especially depending on how long ago you completed your MCAT-relevant courses (eg. Organic Chem), and how well you did on those.

I'd shoot for 3 months if I could.

Ian

Can, MS2

PS: To everyone out there reading this message board, JOIN IN! Using your real name and e-mail address is optional!

Archived