Premed 101 Forums

EK 7th edition + TPR 2008

Mac91

Hi, I was wondering if the studying from the Ek/TPR from 2-3 years ago is adequate? I have heard some conflicting things, like there have been some tweaks to the MCAT and the newer books cover it better. Any truth to this or should I be fine studying from previous years books?

Hi, I was wondering if the studying from the Ek/TPR from 2-3 years ago is adequate? I have heard some conflicting things, like there have been some tweaks to the MCAT and the newer books cover it better. Any truth to this or should I be fine studying from previous years books?

anyone?...

Hey!

I just bought the EK books off Amazon a few weeks back and they were the 2007 edition, so I'm assuming that that's the latest edition atm. I'm using the 2010 TPR books that a friend gave me in addition to that. Personally I don't think it matters that much, except that the 2007EK books do refer to different passage lengths and times because they were written for the older test version. What's more important is learning the content and then doing the practice tests from aamc. I did the 3R which was tailored to fit the new lengths so I'm assuming the rest of them will also reflect the new test rather than the older one which was longer. In that case you will have sufficient practice material that resembles the real test.

Good luck!

Archived