Premed 101 Forums

passport photos

Guest certicom

Guest certicom

notice it says we must have 2 passport photos 'signed on the back'

does this mean signed by a guarantor. like a regulation passport photo and have all the other requirements of a passport photo?

ie

* Name and address of the photographer or the studio.

* Date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed).

* Name of the applicant.

* Guarantor's signature.

anyone have any thoughts? ...besides the thought that I am obsessive, cause I already know that ;p

thanks folks, looking forward to meeting some of you on the 20th (and hopefully others in september)

Guest Elaine I

Oops - I was thinking about photos for the MCAT not NOSM - sorry about the confusion!

Moderators, please delete this post.

Thanks,

Elaine

Guest Jimmery

Doing what is instructed seems easy enough. I'll be getting the pictures, then adding my autograph on the back. If they wanted more, they would say so, right?

Guest NurseNathalie

when you go for your passport picture... dont make the same mistake I did ! 8o

the photo is simply for our student file... when I had my photo taken last week (needed to bring one for McMaster too) the lady was adament about my not smiling.. those are the instructions for the passport photos... no matter how much I told her this was for a different purpose.. she waited until I stopped smiling.

lol.. its worse than my liscence mugshot!

Guest opiedog

Yup, my recent passport photo looks more like a cadaver shot than anything else. Even if they were trying to identify me from it, I would hope I wouldn't look even half as bad as that photo does.

They just want the photos to relate a name to a face when discussing the interviews.

Blacks by the way does them on the spot with the option of having it done in colour. Kind of makes me nervous after reading the thread about "good looking" students having advantage under the general premeds forum!!

Guest NurseNathalie

Opiedog,

you had me in stitches! thanks.. I really needed the laugh!

uh.. I must have missed that posting (perhaps it was a selective/subliminal omission on my part??) :\

i'm hoping I get in on account of my "oh-she's-sooooo-desperate" points, rather than because of my (non-existent) good looks! 8o

we can't all be beautiful! :P

Guest opiedog

Nurse Natalie, it seems that you are heading toward Sudbury, I think, but I wish I could have met you. We could have a few good chuckles together with medical humour.

In preparing for this interview (photos, decent clothes, etc) I told myself that I wouldn't get wrapped up in what questions they may ask, or the appearance of being "prepped" would be too evident. I'm a lousy actress so couldn't fake genuinely if I've rehearsed something already. It seems that too much prep time also makes me nervous as heck.

Despite "not prepping" (I can't even fool myself that I haven't been doing that subconsciously!) I woke up three times last night with the thought of "are you a fool thing you can do this?? How do you plan on paying for this without seriously inflicting restrictions on the rest of the family for the next handful of years?" I know its the route for me, and that this is what I NEED to do with the rest of my life, but the financial fears are almost overwhelming at the moment. Its crazy how much anxiety is tagged on to this, and it sure makes me appreciative of how supportive my family has been about it all.

Good luck everyone, and take a deep breath Saturday or Sunday morning before leaving home. I hope we manage to have a really memorable experience and are not so stressed that the interview becomes a blur.

Guest NurseNathalie

well said opiedog.. and great insight!

I tell ya.. before finding this forum and reading all the 'blah blah blah' in the interview forum about what to wear... I had not given it that much thought.

I decided to 'conform' and showed up to my McMaster interview looking like a mortician. there was so much black there that I kept looking for the castket! lol

really... wear something comfortable, professional.. but those that stood out from the rest, had a touch of color to them...

lesson learned for me!

if they don't take me because of what I'm wearing (or not wearing), then I really don't even want to go there.

Nat

ps: i'm sure there will be oportunities for the west campus and east campus students to work together and learn from each other.. so, I will definetely see you then! :P

Guest opiedog

I agree with you Nathalie, that if chosen on the grounds of what label of clothing you are wearing, maybe the school is not the one that I would prefer to go to. In many job interviews that I've conducted, the most unlikely looking candidates are often the most suitable for the role. Strange, but true, and difficult as well when you need someone clean cut to sit in the prospective seat as part of public PR. The public still has standards and expectations of appearance for certain groups.

Given that this interview is Palm Sunday (!!), it seemed appropriate to add a little touch of Easter flair to my outfit. Therefore, look for the one with egg on her face, and you will know who I am:b

• 8 months later...

Archived