Premed 101 Forums

where to buy mcat books?

Hockey_whiz

Your campus bookstore may have some MCAT prep books, but in my experience the selection is very limited. Look on facebook, kijiji, or craigslist to see if there are any people selling used books. The best way to get them is to solicit friends who have already written the MCATs; the books are pretty much useless once you are done with the test so you may even be able to snag them for free.

I got mine at the U of A bookstore about a month and a half ago. The selection was good, there was Kaplan, ExamKrackers, and Princeton Review.

Not sure if they will still have any though as I know alot of students probably bought right after me.

Definitely worth checking it out though!

thanks, ill check out the uofa bookstore, they are overpriced by $20-25 per book arent they? but i guess i have no choice

That I couldn't tell you. I didn't really check around and compare prices. I got the Kaplan Premier book for $120 and the Kaplan Advanced 45 for $29.99.

Check the public library!!!!! Also, there might be some books in the university library, but I have never checked myself.

Alternatively, I just recycled all my old Kaplan stuff...dumpster diving outside apartment buildings might be good too! (j/k!)

Archived