Premed 101 Forums

Where did everyone go?

Guest opiedog

Guest opiedog

Gee, I thought all the lucky acceptance group that are regulars on the board would be posting! I know I feel like I am in purgatory with the waitlist issue, but now that the logs/topics are all missing, it is getting freaky.

I've called the school to ask some questions, but it appears that they have put their phones on "do not disturb" function for days now. You go directly to voicemail now. I left voicemail, no reply. I have used the email as well, no reply last time for three weeks, so I don't expect a reply any sooner this time.

Does anyone have ANY information about the NOSM waitlist...length, ranking issues, whether they notify waitlisters of all spots having been filled, etc??

Guest KerriD

Hi Opiedog,

I don't think I've spoken to you directly on this chat before, but I too received a wait list letter yesterday. I've heard from a friend in Pharmacy that sometimes professional schools will over offer their acceptances i.e. to 65 ppl when really they only have 56 spots because they anticipate ppl declining. I don't know if NOSM did this. If so, then it would take that many more ppl declining before they reached the wait list group. sigh! oh well, I think the best thing to do right now is try to forget about it and enjoy your summer because I'm thinking there won't be huge numbers of ppl declining anyway. Not to be a pesimist. I know what you mean though about having all these questions and wanting answers. Hopefully there will be something more personalized in the letters we'll receive via canada post. Hang in there! =)

Guest Icarus

Hey. Just wanted to let you two know that I know a student who received acceptances to both NOSM and Ottawa. I'm not sure what she'll choose, but I thought it might be good to know that there may be others in the same position. So, that may fare well for a few individuals on the waiting list.

Guest waterbottle2

Hello,

Just wondering if this is the same girl I know. Where did she do her undergrad. If it isn't the same girl, that means there are two girls out there who got into NOMS as well as Ottawa! My friend got into NOMS and Ottawa too. Let me know a couple of details about her (no name please, I don't think she would like that) so I know if it is the same girl!

Did you get in yourself?

ttyl

Guest opiedog

I know of someone who got in to NOSM and Mac, and wants MAC....how lucky for them to have choices!

I got my expresspost letter today, its identical to the email. Loretta at admission tells me that they won't give out peoples ranking on the waitlist, and that the waitlist has a body on it for every position in the class. They might let us know when all spots are spoken for, but that is up for discussion at the school still. Seems like it would be a kind thing to do though.

Guest Icarus

I did get accepted as well.

Both myself and my friend did our ungergraduate degrees at the University of Guelph in Biomedical Science, however, I graduated last spring and she just finished this year. She's from a town/city within a few hours of Sudbury and has blond curly hair. Sound familiar?

Guest waterbottle2

Good to hear from you,

The other girl I was speaking of is actually myself. I got the choice between Ottawa and NOMS too. I wasn't sure if you were actually talking about me. Some of my friends are on this forum but I don't know there login names. Well, congrats! I am leaning towards NOMS so in all likelyhood we will be speaking to each other in September. Do you know whether students at NOMS will be going to school year round or do we get two months off in the summer to work or travel? Just wondering!

Cheers!

Guest KerriD

Hi,

Wow, a body on the waitlist for every spot in the class...hmm. I wonder what the reasoning is behind not telling us where we are placed on the rank list. I really didn't anticipate the wait list being that long. It's too bad becausee if I knew I was #32 or something, I'd just move on and fully give up on getting in this year.

I've tried and tried to get in touch with NOSM, but I can never reach Loretta in person. It's a small miracle that you reached her Opiedog! I guess I'll keep trying as I have a few other questions.

Guest KerriD

P.S. if there is anyone on this forum from Sault Ste. Marie who did or didn't get in or who is on the wait list, please let me know. I'd really like to chat about the process and re-applying etc next year.

Thanks!

Guest fingrsxed

Hey,

I just wanted to let you guys know that I was also accepted at both NOMS and Ottawa. I will be attending Ottawa in the fall......so another spot will open up on the wait list. Good luck to everyone!!

Guest KerriD

Hi,

Thanks for those words of encouragement, I really appreciate it. =) Best of luck at Ottawa. It's a great city and school too.

Guest waterbottle2

hey,

Does your name start by a B? I think you talked to my best friend today. She lives and goes to school in Toronto. I believe you went to school with her on the island!

ttyl

Guest Icarus

Waterbottle,

Well, I guess I know another girl who has the same decision to make. I believe I did talk to your best friend today. If she happens to be studying to be a chiropractor in Toronto but may be south of the border for the summer. There isn't much doubt if she went to school on "the Island". I hope that you choose NOSM. What a small world, eh? I told our mutual friend to pass you my email. Let me know if you're coming up to Sudbury before the fall. It'd be great to meet as many people as possible before we start.

Icarus

Archived