Premed 101 Forums

Applying with one MCAT score with plans to re-take

I already took the MCAT in 2009 and plan to re-take Aug 12. Does anyone know if schools will send me a secondary immediately if I submit my application with one existing set of scores with another set coming (tentative date, Sept 13)? Or will they wait until they receive my 2nd set of scores? Really hoping to apply early this year and keeping my fingers crossed that the 1st option is the case.

You will get your secondary regardless of MCAT status. They will not mark you as complete until that MCAT score gets updated.

You can work on the prompts now...people usually post them on SDN.

Good luck

Will we actually get our secondaries even if we submit without the 2nd MCAT score? Legit??

I'm scared to click the 'submit' button for another reason- after I submit, can I change what letters I provide to what schools? Or should I do this before I submit the primary?

THanks, I'm a newbie in ways of the AMCAS :)

Will we actually get our secondaries even if we submit without the 2nd MCAT score? Legit??

I'm scared to click the 'submit' button for another reason- after I submit, can I change what letters I provide to what schools? Or should I do this before I submit the primary?

THanks, I'm a newbie in ways of the AMCAS :)

After you press submit, you can still choose which letters to assign which schools, there is no need to do it before your primary. Of course, if you aren't sure, I would just call AMCAS and they will clear up any doubts. Gluck.

Archived