Premed 101 Forums

First time applying

jawn_doe

Hi everyone!

I unfortunately didn't get into med school in Ontario this past year so I am re-applying to Ontario, the US and McGill. I found out that since I was born in Quebec I will be considered a quebec resident and not OOP.

I have a 33O and a 3.90 OMSAS and 3.97 AMCAS... From what I've seen on the threads, McGill uses a A+/A=4.0 (like AMCAS).

I have the standard EC. I graduated this week, but am still missing some pre-reqs (doing them now). By the end of the summer I will still be missing Physics 2 and a gen chem...

Does anyone know what constitutes a gen chem credit at uOttawa?

Any tips/advice? I understand the application doesn't open until September, so that gives me plenty of time to do all the other ones :)

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I am just wondering when does McGill let students know when they have been accepted/rejected? Their application is pretty late compared to others. :confused:

I applied to the states so I don't want to accept (if i get in lol) and get stuck with an american school if McGill's notification date is after the last possible day to accept an american school. I wouldn't want to risk passing on an american school and not get into McGill :eek:

Archived