Premed 101 Forums

How did all the Nbers this weekend find the interview?

Guest DancingDoc

Guest DancingDoc

hey Cedar,

I had really unreceptive interviewers. They didn't smile the entire interview and seemed very uninterested..... It especially sucked because all the other interviewers seemed so nice and friendly and comforting when they came to get their interviewees. It was really discouraging :(

But hey doesn't mean they didn't think I was a good candidate, I think that was just both of their interview styles.... still not very reassuring though!!!:\

Hey DancingDoc,

I have heard people having interviews like thar in the past but they still got in and stuff.

I question MUN's interview process actually. If everybody finds it went so well and if everybody is so relaxed then what are the interviewers discovering?

Guest scooter

Hey,

Just wanted to say this forum definately makes the suffering far more bearable:b

I applied last year and when i called to find out what went wrong they said my interview was perfect- and i had a great vibe from it too... but this year... I don't know. Last year they were trying to sell me the school and were really really perceptive and made it seem like I was giving all the right answers- this year they were friendly and encouraging but I didn't get as good as a vibe as last year. Anyone else think it went well but not exceptional?

I live far away so they gave me a special interview before the rest of you guys- do you guys think that is going to hurt me or help me? being the first? with interviews that were just together for the one interview??? Let me know what you think.

Scooter :eek

NBer 30S (BS 10, PS 7 :rolleyes VR13:hat ) (24R (8,7,9) last year), Gpa in the B+/A- area

Guest Oliver Sacks

Hey DD,

Just wanted to say that my interview at MUN sounds like a replica of yours. Stone-faced interviewers, pretty much. Maybe we had the same ones! They didn't follow up with questions about hardly anything I said and just generally didn't seem interested in the least. I found it really discombobulating. In an ordinary conversation, you naturally respond to cues in the other person (facial, bodily, verbal), but when all such cues are missing, it's really difficult to not feel like a specimen under observation. I ended up babbling as I couldn't tell what they wanted to hear more about or where to go with it.

I too am hoping (for all it's worth) that my interviewers at Dal on Saturday are much more receptive. Even if they have to feign it! What a crummy first interview experience.

Guest cedar05

Hey DancingDoc,

Thanks for the reply! I am sure it was just their style and like other people have said maybe it is better than having everyone believe their interview went well. So did you get a better feeling at Dal?

Guest DancingDoc

Hey Cedar,

I don't know yet for Dal, my interview is this Saturday.... hopefully it will go better :b

OS and Research,

Did you guys feel like the questions they asked had a lot of overlap so you were constantly repeating yourself? I know some people I talked to said that the questions overlapped but their interviewers would just joke that they already answered that question with their previous answer and so had them move on to another question. My interviewers just had me repeat myself all over again.....:rolleyes

(And agreed with the water drinking..... my throat was sooo dry in there!!!)

Guest cedar05

Good luck on Saturday DD and don't worry about DAL's it seems the interviewers are very receptive and attempt to make you feel comfortable! I am sure you will do great!

Archived